Cold War, need to watch the video
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Cold War, need to watch the video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4293

Default Cold War, need to watch the video

This raised the cold wars hairs on my neck. Watch the entire video.

I searched for "radar station in Kaliningrad"
Video in 10:10 miuntes long, next select "Translate" and play.

Make sure you have the transitionCC (Close Caption for English translation)

6:53
"First, ! am instructing the Defence Ministry to immediately put the missile early warning radar station in Kaliningrad on combat alert.

7:11
Second, protective cover of Russia's strategic nuclear weapons will be reinforced as a priority measure under the programme to develop our air and space defences.

7:20
Third, the new strategic ballistics missiles commissioned by the Strategic Missiles Forces and the Navy will be equipped with the advance missile defence penetration systems and the new highly-effective warheads.

7:42
Fourth, I have instructed the Armed Forces to draw up measures for the disabling missile defence system data and guidance systems if need be. These measures will be adequate, effective, and low-cost.

8:05
Fifth, if the above measures prove insufficient, the Russian Federation will deploy modern offensive weapon systems in the west and south of the country, ensuring our ability to take out any part of the US missile defence in Europe.

8:27
One step in the process will be to deploy Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad Region.
http://defense-update.com/products/i/iskander.htm
8:34
Other measures to counter the European missile defence system will be drawn up and implemented as necessary.

8:45
If the situation continues to develop not to Russia's favour, we reserve the right to discontinue further disarmament and arms control measures.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #2

I may get attacked for this, but here goes. I back what ol' boy says. I am a staunch defender of the Constitution and my homeland, but I can also see his point of view. Our government is pushing through a missile plan in their backyard against their objections. How easy is it to use a "defensive" weapon offensively? And even if only used against launched missiles, we would cripple the Russian ability to have a nuclear deterrent. Sound familiar? It should, Kennedy faced the same problem, only in reverse. We were willing to plunge the world into WW3 over the Cuban Missile Crisis, how the hell do we expect the Russians to react. Bigcountry02, I agree. The ghost of the Cold War is staring at us, and this time, I believe our own government is in the wrong. What does this serve us to build these facilities? Russia won't screw directly with us, we know that from the past. The nuclear arsenals maintain that peace. But these people that claim to be our allies are going to drag us into another Cold War, or worse, all because they're scared of what the Russians might be thinking. Why are we risking all this over another's paranoia? How many more of our own Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines must die in other people's arguments? Last I heard, we called it the Department of Defense, not the Department of Picking a Fight.

"I'd rather die on my feet than to live on my knees." E. Zapata

Old 12-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

again, LISTEN to Ron Paul!! The man has it CORRECT!

Our founders spoke often of "avoiding entangling alliances"

The Russians have THE RIGHT to defending themselves.

We need to put our Govt in its place before they bring us to grief.

Can the jack be put back in the box once its been let out!?!? THAT is the the real question!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Last edited by fmj; 12-03-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:23 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

Folks tend to forget how many people the Soviets lost in WW 2.

They don't forget.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:35 AM   #5

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm in sarge's boat on this one.

I wouldn't tolerate someone walking up to me with brass knuckles, putting their dukes up, and then saying, "Don't worry, this is just a defensive measure."

uh uh, ain't gonna happen. In that case, I would leave the area, but not if they're in my yard, and a country can't very well pick up and head out either.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:44 AM   #6

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

I love this country more than anything but i cant belive our government could even think about doing this. Why cant we just compromise with them!? I bet we wouldnt be ok if russia put missile luanching aystems all over mexico and canada.. This is rediculous whats happening to our country???

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #7

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d
I love this country more than anything but i cant belive our government could even think about doing this. Why cant we just compromise with them!? I bet we wouldnt be ok if russia put missile luanching aystems all over mexico and canada.. This is rediculous whats happening to our country???
Idiocracy. that's what's happening.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:48 AM   #8

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d
I feel dumb for forgetting this but I bet the government wouldnt like it if rusdia put missiles in cuba...oh wait they tried and we almost went into combat over it..think about it usa dont let us stand for everything we used to be against!

Have Gun....Will Travel