Chainmail armor - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Chainmail armor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 93 Times on 67 Posts

I posted earlier my reason for doing it. There really wasn't any specific reason other than just wanting to. I chose this forum for survival I suppose?

The only way I could make this anymore real would be riveting or using stainless. What I'm doing is plenty for what I want it for. I could have used aluminum but decided that would be too weak. What I have is actually "more real" than the stuff they had for sale at the renaissance festival.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well I think it will be pretty cool, and you should keep us updated. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 10-19-2012, 12:39 AM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
I posted earlier my reason for doing it. There really wasn't any specific reason other than just wanting to. I chose this forum for survival I suppose?

The only way I could make this anymore real would be riveting or using stainless. What I'm doing is plenty for what I want it for. I could have used aluminum but decided that would be too weak. What I have is actually "more real" than the stuff they had for sale at the renaissance festival.
Capto56, whether you have a reason or not, i think it's pretty cool that someone can have the talent to do such a thing. carry on and don't let some people discourage you from doing something you seem to enjoy. looks pretty good so far.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #24

Thanks I'm not discouraged. Just not enough time when ur workin 60 hours a week and have class 3 nights and then 5 hrs of Spanish on Saturday mornings.. I am surprised myself that I actually got the motivation to just do it.

I'm glad I did, keeps my mind off of things. It's fun to do while ur watching the tigers take the Yankees out of the runnings for the second year in a row

Old 10-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #25

Roll eyes

Need more letters to post. Ignore this. ^---------

Old 10-20-2012, 02:46 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
Roll eyes

Need more letters to post. Ignore this. ^---------
some people just want to try and discourage others or criticise them for doing something they either have no desire to do or are unable to. i think it borders on petty jealousy and envy of someone else's ability. i think it's pretty cool that you are making your own chain mail, even though i have no desire to do it myself, lacking the time or patience, i do admire your ability to make it myself. looks good so far.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:34 AM   #27

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Just keep it up Capto. Even if all you do is make some mudflaps out of it like I did after I lost patience it's still cool as hell, pretty rewarding, and while it isn't very entertaining or exciting, it's a hobby that keeps one occupied.

Tip: typing "rolleyes" and substituting the quotations for colons with no spaces will give that smart ass face

And here's a little interesting reading for ya. http://www.history-of-armor.com/ChainMailArmor.html

There's tons more information out there on the evolution of armor of all types. I'm thinking my next project, if I decide to take one on, will be scale armor. I just hope I can make real scale armor...

Old 10-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Hockalouis, every post you've made in this thread has been a troll post. Now your starting in with the personal stuff. Bug off.
Hock just wants people to think he knows more than he does. or quite possible he might even be intelligent, but it's really hard to discern whether he is or isn't, because of his smart remarks and arrogant know-it-all attitude.

Hock, maybe if you improved your people skills and tried to help someone out rather than to just try and find fault in everyone else, people might be more receptive of your opinions. but when all you do is insult or find fault in others, many people just tend to ignore your posts. probably why people don't like you, huh?

Old 10-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #29

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
Hock, maybe if you improved your people skills and tried to help someone out rather than to just try and find fault in everyone else, people might be more receptive of your opinions. but when all you do is insult or find fault in others, many people just tend to ignore your posts. probably why people don't like you, huh?
^^^ this.
He may be a Master freaking armorer, specializing in medieval chain mail for all I know.

But, maybe advice, tips, show and tell, any myriad methods of TEACHING and ADVISING, will be much more appreciated than "your doing it wrong. Your doing it wrong. You're doing it wrong." Followed by being a smart ass with a piss poor attitude.

Anyone can say they know everything. Anyone can point out what they perceive to be someone else's foul up. It takes something a little different to offer a helping hand.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #30

Thanks for making sense out of what he said. I thought he was trying to be a smart azz (don't know if the occasional swear word is allowed or not). Just didn't see any sense in it or any sense in his comment in general. That Osama picture is starting to make more sense now.