Can you survive? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Can you survive?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 02:27 AM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2721 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

The hills here! Including my place. 7 occupied homes in 4000 acres owned by only a few who are good patriotic American citizens.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:41 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Skeeter country.........

Don't need no gas, no motors, Iv'e got two strong arms and a wife that knows how to cook wild game, when it gets to the point of no return I'll head deeper into the swamp. Being miserable is better than dead. There is alot of every thing that mother nature has supplied us with, and I can take any one on any given day or night.......Be safe .......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-19-2011, 05:53 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis845 View Post
Head for the hills, what hills? All property, and I mean all, is owned by someone, be it private or government land.
Proving "title" or "property rights" would probably become more challenging without a county land office/courthouse system. I think there would come a point where "property rights" would again be determined by your strength in numbers and arms. Additionally, most SHTF scenarios involve a lot of people getting dead in a fairly short period of time; all of their "property rights" would be in question.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
My son and I are planning on staying put unless its all out war then we will join the side we want to fight for. In any SHTF all we need to do is survive for 2 week at most and we can do that.

We have a 72 hour bag but that is to get us home incase we are out and about when the SHTF. As an alternate we do have a nice place to head incase it is needed. The problem with Kentucky is that 65% of the gun owners in Ky. are hunters.

I to can make a Ghetto silencer for a .22 if needed and will do so. I also hope to add a Bow to the weapons collection in the near future.
May i suggest a takedown bow. Can save you space in ur back pack.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #25

I like reading post like this. Now my 2cents on this.
http://blog.2012pro.com/wp-content/uploads/Survive__nuclear_danger_us.jpg

That is a map of ALL the nuclear plants in the USA. Wind travels West to East. So do you think if SHTF you'll survive with all the radiation? Not to mentioned radiated water, radiated animals & radiated soil.

There are some safe havens, probably north of Washington State or Colorado.
With that said, can you survive COLD (i mean ****ING COLD!) winters!!!!!!!!?

Do you have the proper clothing? shelter?

Canada is another great place. But i doubt you'll be able to just walk across and not get deported. Imagine how many people would bombard canada. Another safe place is Mexico and South America.

Remember the part of "The Day After Tomorrow" when SHTF and all the americans where trying to cross the border to mexico? There you go!

You think South America or Mexico is just going to let people COME ON OVER!?

So let me ask you guys again? Do you still want to head to the hills, knowing where all those nuclear plants are?

Old 07-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #26

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I am going to mexico sense they are all comming here it will be void of humans in a year or two

Old 07-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I am going to mexico sense they are all comming here it will be void of humans in a year or two
Well I'm mexican so i have dual citizenship. Y si hablo espanol muy bien!

I'm going to school next month for DIESEL mechanic and hopefully by the end of next year move to Texas (Laredo) or closer to the border.

REMEMBER IF SHTF TEXAS IS THE LAST TO GO!

Gun Ownership by State
Gun Ownership by State (washingtonpost.com)

You think FEMA can just walk over to texas and put them in camps? really!?

Old 07-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #28
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrstian_indy View Post
I'm going to. . . . . . . . move to Texas (Laredo) or closer to the border.
Got a chuckle out of that right there. Moving to Laredo, or closer, to the border. Hell, Laredo is ON the border.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #29

LoL i know!

Although crime is sky rocketing in both Nuevo Laredo Mx and Laredo Tx.

I can't go into much detail as to where i'm heading....but i've always wanted to create a survival community. I’ve been doing my research for mths now and I’ve gotten a few spots selected.

What I look for is impact, so-
No volcanic activity
Little to NO seismic activity
High in elevation
In a wooden area (good for game)
Near a lake/river or stream
Away from radiation wings
Far (but within a traveling distance) from the nearest town (for supplies or medical needs)
Secluded area

And a few more stuff. But many people think I’m nuts and what not. Even if S does not HTF, this would be great for retirement.

You just heard OBAMA SAMA BAMA that “we might not have enough money for Social Security”. That’s 50+ million Americans WHO WORKED THERE ASSES OFF!!!!!!!!!! FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the government tells them, sorry no more money! WTF happen to the taxes and they paid!? What do you mean no more money?

I bet they wish they could have live off the fat of the land. I mean you can grow 70% of all ur food. Get your self some squirrel or fish and you got yourself a good meal!

But many people don’t like this idea. They think of “LIVING” by going to the store and buying what they need, when they can grow it themselves.

I wish I could find more people who share my idea.

HECK if $h!t doesn’t HIT THE FAN, you can rent the place to campers. Not to mentioned they can go gather their own meal giving them an understanding how wonderful it is to live a simple life. Then we could use the money to build more cabins or buy more solar panels or wind turbines or ammo or seeds or live stock……ENDLESS POSIBILITIES!!!!!!!! IT’S A WIN WIN!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #30

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Sounds like a plan to me almost makes me want to join you