Bunker Worthiness - Page 4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Bunker Worthiness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

If u have more then one leader and the group has to keep voting on things, I feel like nothing would get done. Have one person make all the calls with a side kick and **** gets done

Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #32

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

I guess I am kinda lucky as no one in my area is anything like as well armed as me in my location.
As you know even the police don't carry in this forsaken country. Hence 2 dead police women last week.
I am very lucky I would not feel threatened at all by the populace. I still have a lot of friends within the shooting community and we are 1 in a thousand Over this side of the pond.
We are the only peeps in this country that are anything like prepared. SHTF does not exist within the British perception of future events.
We are few and far between but we are ready. If things get too hot on your side of the pond FTF have a far away alternative location. Hell with our combined fire power we could own this place.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #33

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Actually there is a medical condition that either exists, or is created by nurture if you believe in that (I do), that is you prefer to be alone. It's completely opposite of monophobic, but I forget the name.

I had a doctor that thought I had it, but I can't remember the name of it.

I actually have zero problems being alone without external interaction with other people. Weird, I have been told many times by females I dated, but I think I "learned" it growing up in my house.

As a side note, I HATE crowds and dislike large social gatherings, but I have been told here on this forum that is perfectly normal.

JD

introvertedness? social anxiety disorder? agoraphobia?

i have lived by myself for a few years now. i get lonely, but don't feel that i need to go out and socialize. i don't become depressed because there is noone immediately around.

i am not a hermit, and i would prefer that i had someone to talk to, but i am in my element alone, just as i am with others around me.

to an extent, more people make a stronger force to reckon with.

i have the food, ammo, and weapons, but only have plans for a bunker, water supply, electricity, and air supply. economic times have slowed the progression in the last 5 years of acquirin the main few details.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #34

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
i have the food, ammo, and weapons, but only have plans for a bunker, water supply, electricity, and air supply.
My gift to you

Old 10-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1884 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 2125

Default The swamp......

My home town, every thing in here will get you before the zombies will.....The night comes alive.......I love it........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

People Like This 
Old 10-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
My home town, every thing in here will get you before the zombies will.....The night comes alive.......I love it........
I do believe that is the first post of yours that I didn't need a Cajun decoder ring for
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #37

As far as your Bunker location goes. Who do you tell? Friends, family???

Old 10-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #38

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
As far as your Bunker location goes. Who do you tell? Friends, family???
only those that you plan on taking in immediately

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 10-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #39

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Im sorry but I would not tell anyone period other than who you intend on taking with you at that moments notice, wife , kids , parents, etc . I would not tell any other family members or friends about it , dont show it off or anything of that nature . That will be a sacred place when it become necessary to use it . I only say this because if the SHTF everyone that knows about it will want in and your help and all that creates is a problem like running out of food and water sooner . We have a very small group that we will be packing out with if need be other than that we wont need any extra slackers

Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #40

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
a great man once said "fortifications are a testament to the stupidity of man" ... If the SHTF I plan on proving him prophetic
Why go to all the trouble to take over someone else's bunker when you can just take over a Walgreens or a Wal*Mart? The well paid staff probably won't be there.

Weld the doors shut. Rearranged a bunch of stuff to help keep interlopers off track should they get in (rearrange the racks with the forklift and create choke points). Plenty of food, water medicine. Probably a bunch of board games and at least some Nerf toys to keep the kids busy.

Plus you got a big flat surface on the roof to lay out your S.O.S. - or conceal half a dozen good lines of fire.