Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   bump in the night what if... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/bump-night-what-if-74720/)

jjfuller1 10-20-2012 04:40 PM

bump in the night what if...

so last night i had a thought pop into my head. well i woke up to the baby starting to cry, and i knew i had to get up. i rolled over and found that both of my arms were completely numb. i had to sit and wait a good 5 minutes for me to be able to move, and use them. and that got me to thinking what happens if we awoke to a BG and our arms were like this? what would we do?

and im talking numb. i could not move them at all. they were floppy.

dog2000tj 10-20-2012 04:44 PM

adrenaline ;)

in a stressful situation one can overcome almost any hindrance

primer1 10-20-2012 06:24 PM

Tell the old lady to take the restraints off when its time to sleep.

orangello 10-20-2012 06:42 PM

Did anybody else just think "the stranger"? :D

manta 10-20-2012 07:06 PM

Learn how to shoot with your feet. Then again what if your legs were numb. I don't think there is a sensible answer to this one.

winds-of-change 10-20-2012 07:59 PM

I had a friend in high school who fell asleep on the sofa with his one arm behind his head. His arm fell asleep. When he woke up and saw a hand next to his head he thought it was a friend of his getting ready to prank him. He grabbed his own hand and yanked it real hard. ROFL So funny!!

Dillinger 10-20-2012 08:24 PM

I have awoken with my hand curled in some Seagal-like geometry angles, been completely numb before and I have thought the same thing, "what if?".

I'd like to agree with Dog that adrenalin would take over and it would be a non-issue but if it doesn't.

I didn't always train to shoot off handed, because I shoot with my non dominant hand, keeping my dominant hand able for force manipulation, but now I active train to shoot with my "off hand" just in case.

Thankfully I have a couple of very loyal German Shepherds that would probably tear a bad guy to shreds by the time I got to him. :cool:

I do love my four legged protectors, they are the best.

HockaLouis 10-22-2012 12:33 AM

Why would both your arms be numb? And for five minutes!?

Perhaps you have a medical condition (hypotension)...

crgm101 10-22-2012 12:50 AM

I figured that out one night when I got woke up by what I thought was the front door I grabbed my gun and couldn't cock it. Now whenever I wake up I Grab my gun and cock it like muscle memory training it's working for me. My arms weren't numb though just really weak!

jjfuller1 10-22-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 985030)
Why would both your arms be numb? And for five minutes!?

Perhaps you have a medical condition (hypotension)...

i had slept with my arms crossed under my head. and man it felt wierd. ive done it before with one arm. but never both like the other night.