The BUMP in the night weapon response discussion - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > The BUMP in the night weapon response discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

My weapon of choice would be my XD45. I have several guns througout the house in very hard to find places. One of them is my Mossberg 500 that is kept in another bedroom closet above the door on the inside. It is not a walk in so no one looks straight up.

That said, the only way I would attempt to clear my house is of my kids were in the house. If that were the case I would have my wife call 911 and barricade herself in our closet with another of my shotguns. I would then proceed to clear the house. If my kids were not in the house I would grab my wife, my XD45, shotgun and phone and barricade myself in the closet and call 911. Last time I checked, I don't do it for a living and the police get paid to do that stuff. I am under no illusions that I am a badass like you see in the movies. I would rather be as safe as possible and alive than brave and dead.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #22

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ
My weapon of choice would be my XD45. I have several guns througout the house in very hard to find places. One of them is my Mossberg 500 that is kept in another bedroom closet above the door on the inside. It is not a walk in so no one looks straight up.

That said, the only way I would attempt to clear my house is of my kids were in the house. If that were the case I would have my wife call 911 and barricade herself in our closet with another of my shotguns. I would then proceed to clear the house. If my kids were not in the house I would grab my wife, my XD45, shotgun and phone and barricade myself in the closet and call 911. Last time I checked, I don't do it for a living and the police get paid to do that stuff. I am under no illusions that I am a badass like you see in the movies. I would rather be as safe as possible and alive than brave and dead.
Sorry double post

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by PC167; 10-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #23

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ

Your absolutely right, nobody needs to take unnecessary risks and should call the police...

The first thing I would do is announce my presence, which I forgot to mention. I basically just want to keep the threat contained to one area of my house, until help arrives...

By the way NitroxAZ you are a badass... Lol :-D

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by PC167; 10-19-2012 at 02:07 PM.
NitroxAZ Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #24

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167 View Post
By the way NitroxAZ you are a badass
About darn time someone recognized
Old 10-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I am NOT calling 911 from inside my place and giving up my 4th amendment rights. Now, i might be waiting inside someidjut's car when they come out of my place, but my intent is to clear my place myself. If i have to shoot somebody to do that, then i will call 911 for disposal and interrogation, not before.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 10-20-2012, 01:55 AM   #26

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

That's JUST bad.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #27

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Sorry, HL, gotta agree with Orangello on this one.

IMHO, the longer they spend in my home, the more

familiarity and advantage they gain.

I'll be happy to grab an ankle, and throw them into the street

once they are down. If EMTs can save them then, fine.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #28

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Sorry, HL, gotta agree with Orangello on this one.

IMHO, the longer they spend in my home, the more

familiarity and advantage they gain.

I'll be happy to grab an ankle, and throw them into the street

once they are down. If EMTs can save them then, fine.
I see a flaw in your plan .... no survivors

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 10-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
That's JUST bad.
Please expand upon this?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #30

Liked 1459 Times on 884 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post

I can't think of anything I would rather not have more than several cops shooting up my house, with me in it. I would rather take my chances, unarmed, against a burgular than having a spray and pray team in the place.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

People Like This