Bugging out,SHTF,ect..WHAT IF - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Bugging out,SHTF,ect..WHAT IF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 950 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 1072

You beat me to it CA. I was gonna post that...

Old 09-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It's a great anecdote and it illustrates its point very effectively.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #23

Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'm a Christian and I believe that our fate rests in God's hands. However, let me share this little story:

A great flood was coming and people were leaving the area in droves. However, one family stood fast. "God will protect us" they stated with great conviction.

Well, sure enough, the deluge started and the water rose to their first floor windows. A neighbor came by in his rowboat and told them to jump in and he'd take them to higher ground. "No, God will save us!" they replied. So off the boatman went.

A while later, the water had risen to the second floor and another neighbor came by in a motorboat and told them to get aboard. "No, God will take care of us" they replied.

Soon after, the water had risen so high that the family was on the roof and holding on for dear life. A Coast Guard helicopter hovered overhead and lowered a rescue basket, but again, the family refused the offer of help. "God will save us."

Shortly after the helicopter left, the water was so high that the family finally drowned.

When they got to Heaven, the family asked God why He didn't save them. God's reply was "What were you thinking? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

'Nuff said.
Heard this years ago and it is right on. My thoughts are prepp to the limit that you are able and for things beyond your control that you leave to the LORD

Old 09-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #24

Spot on.

The Mind is like a Parachute. It only works when it's open.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #25
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10997 Times on 4764 Posts
Likes Given: 1806

Quote:
Have you been talking to my Mom?
Junior? Is that YOU?

Old 09-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper75 View Post
. our plan basically depends 90% on seeing that shtf is going to happen not leaving while its happening.
I wouldn't count on that at all. In the slim chance you have an accurate early warning that a real "SHTF" situation will arise, it will likely be through the military. As you are an enlisted man, I doubt they'd let you just run off into the boonies . I'm not saying you shouldn't keep this as an option, but don't put too many eggs in that basket.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood

I wouldn't count on that at all. In the slim chance you have an accurate early warning that a real "SHTF" situation will arise, it will likely be through the military. As you are an enlisted man, I doubt they'd let you just run off into the boonies . I'm not saying you shouldn't keep this as an option, but don't put too many eggs in that basket.
Oh of course they wouldn't they would try to muster up anybody that they can but at the end of the day there's 70000 marines here that would if shtf just want to go be with there families. A true shtf situation I hate to say it but what other choice do people have. It would be total collapse.( depending on whatever scenarios happen) I know it's a slim chance of actually recognizing the sit. Right before it happens and getting your sh*t together in enough time to actually bug out. I believe in Prior Proper Planning Prevents P*as Poor Performance

Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #28

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper75 View Post
Oh of course they wouldn't they would try to muster up anybody that they can but at the end of the day there's 70000 marines here that would if shtf just want to go be with there families. A true shtf situation I hate to say it but what other choice do people have. It would be total collapse.( depending on whatever scenarios happen) I know it's a slim chance of actually recognizing the sit. Right before it happens and getting your sh*t together in enough time to actually bug out. I believe in Prior Proper Planning Prevents P*as Poor Performance
I would think that some of those in the military with families, would be some of the first to abandon their jobs... Many of us vets have already seen the worst that mankind has to offer, and would try to spare our families that grief at all costs. It could also have it's benefits too, remember the 14k rounds that were stolen just recently? I wouldn't be above stealing a couple truckloads of ammo from the military for a SHTF situation.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #29

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
...I wouldn't be above stealing a couple truckloads of ammo from the military for a SHTF situation.
I'd be careful making statements like that in a public forum...it can be taken out of context, even though everyone here knows what you mean - if SHTF there will be no Rule of Law.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #30

LoL. I gotta agree with Nova on this one.