bug out in the mountains - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > bug out in the mountains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Yes I have and born and raised here not a flat lander friend I've stayed out weeks at a time in the hills harshly most people would help if that can.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 2517

It would be good to have a bug out location in the mountains (Appalachians) along with locations in other places. But make sure you pick a place ahead of time and know the area. I would suggest a National Forrest if you don't know anyone that would take you in. Do not go into the mountains and just wonder around on private property. If you go into the wrong holler you won't leave. Mountain folks tend to take trespassing a little more personal than the rest of us. And be prepared to for everyone else to have the same idea.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
It would be good to have a bug out location in the mountains (Appalachians) along with locations in other places. But make sure you pick a place ahead of time and know the area. I would suggest a National Forrest if you don't know anyone that would take you in. Do not go into the mountains and just wonder around on private property. If you go into the wrong holler you won't leave. Mountain folks tend to take trespassing a little more personal than the rest of us. And be prepared to for everyone else to have the same idea.
Thank you I no there's alot of us that might bug out in the hills but there a few places I can get to that most can't haha

Old 04-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #14

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Northern Rocky Mtns. are another world. They are a great expanse on top of North America. They can be so high you need oxygen tanks for extended stays. The Temperatures in August are below freezing and the snow never melts.
Getting enough food up on top to last is nearly impossible. And even if you are not pushed above the snow line winter at 7,000 feet can be a killer. The game moves down ahead of the first heavy snow and getting to fire wood is almost impossible. The snow piles up 30 feet deep and the temperatures hold at -30 degrees for weeks on end. And then it really gets bad.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Find a cave its going to be a cold one lol jks

Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #16

Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblank900
Yes I have and born and raised here not a flat lander friend I've stayed out weeks at a time in the hills harshly most people would help if that can.
Well if it's an environment that you are familiar with and comfortable in. I've spent enough time in the mountains to know that's it's the last place I want to go. Haha. Backwoods I can do but mountain life is just not my cup of tea.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Tea is good haha its hard in the mountains but might pay off if crazy shtf lol

Old 04-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8877 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Several million people have a "plan" of having NO plans, beyond "bugging out to the mountains". Gonna be a huge pile of bodies.

Going somewhere that you do not have detailed intel, without support or supplies, in an area where routine life can be hard in GOOD times.....

And have you ever seen the movie Deliverance?

How would you get from point A to B with roads clogged/ closed. no fuel for sale, coupla million others with same idea, planning to pass thru area that belongs to someone else that does NOT want you there......

Me? I'm bugging IN.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #19

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
Sound like a good place to "bug-out" to?
No, I've spent some time from Rocky Mt. backpacking to camping in the desert and half the National Parks. Mother nature is not kind to tenderfoots and unless you know what you are doing, your stay there will be short. (RIP) You can always hide out better in a large crowd than standing out on the horizon with a camp fire.

Jim
Old 04-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Yea you got to know what your doing that's for sure