Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Bug Out Bags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default Bug Out Bags

If this has been covered, then my apologies, I didn't see a topic on this.

I know the issue of what to put in a bug out bag has been beaten like a dead horse. But what about the bag itself? Anyone have a specific bag they like? I'm in the market for a bag, I'd like it to hold some ammo, mags, and a decent amount of bug out gear. Because of my current situation, I have two backpacks, but it's cumbersome. I'd like to find a nice bag that can consolidate the stuff I have.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 298 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Putting this on my topics list.

I'm in the market for an internal frame pack for my son and myself. He is a scout and we're going to need good packs. I don't see why they couldn't also double as BOB bags. I need direction on size for comfortable carry and cost.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:02 AM   #3

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Same situation I've Ben looking for a good bag myself

Old 03-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #4

I'd look into maxpedition bags. It's some seriously rugged and tough gear. I have the pygmy falcon and love it. It is a little small, but it forces me to pack light and do away with things that aren't as important as others.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #5

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks
Putting this on my topics list.

I'm in the market for an internal frame pack for my son and myself. He is a scout and we're going to need good packs. I don't see why they couldn't also double as BOB bags. I need direction on size for comfortable carry and cost.
I ordered two from amazon. Cuscus 75+10 liter for my wife and an 88 liter for myself. We will use them for our 3 week Alaska trip then bob. Both shipped for under 100.00 total. Look of decent quality. A bunch of reviews on them. Very satisfied to this point.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Mine is similar to this one: http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-rush-12-backpack.html

Attached to the main bag is a small med kit: http://www.lapolicegear.com/mafrpo.html

I have a separate defense bag (range bag).

A bug-out bag or get-home bag is not really something I'd think would carry ammo or firearms, but to each their own.

Be sure to test whatever you end up putting together some weekend in the middle of nowhere. If you're like me, you will remove a lot and add a few things you didn't think of.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #7

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Mine is similar to this one: http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-rush-12-backpack.html

Attached to the main bag is a small med kit: http://www.lapolicegear.com/mafrpo.html

I have a separate defense bag (range bag).

A bug-out bag or get-home bag is not really something I'd think would carry ammo or firearms, but to each their own.

Be sure to test whatever you end up putting together some weekend in the middle of nowhere. If you're like me, you will remove a lot and add a few things you didn't think of.

Thank you for the heads up. Where I live now, I live out in the sticks...like way out. If I bugged out, It'd be with a good rifle and pistol, and deep into the woods (this is of course should I have to abandon home). That's why I have the need for ammo storage. I walk 200 yards into my backyard, and I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #8

Liked 678 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Im using the same one as these guys...
Its big, and I like the fact that I can attach my rifle to the side of the pack.. Despite the old design, the pack does balance and distribute the weight very well, even with the rifle attached..

Old 03-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #9

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez
Im using the same one as these guys...
Its big, and I like the fact that I can attach my rifle to the side of the pack.. Despite the old design, the pack does balance and distribute the weight very well, even with the rifle attached..
Do you know what it's called

Old 03-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #10

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have an old USMC combat pack from the mid 90's. I like it bc its big enough i can get the essentials in it and yet i can still detach the the frame from it and use the frame. I have added some stuff like little pockets and nylon elastic bands for say a rifle. It also has a place where i can hook my quiver on it and hang my bow on the ther side from the quiver. All total wo a gun/bow on it it weighs bout 45 pounds. Its the one i usually use when hunting out west. I paid i think $30 for it at surplus city.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did