Bug out bag help - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Bug out bag help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 383 Times on 219 Posts

And whatever you do, don't try to get some cheap knock off bag. Buy brand name and it will last a lifetime. Plus, the pricier bags are much better suited to carrying heavier loads. You get what you pay for.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARlover View Post
Im thinking go to dicks buy a hiker back pack and buy every thing there lol 1 stop shop

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
I wouldnt support Dicks since they caved during the Newtown drama and stopped selling certain guns and ammo. 5.11 rush 72 is great and the condor 3 day bag is good too. Buying a pre made bag is a huge waste of money. I've bought 90% of my survival gear from amazon and it's all worked out great.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #13

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

300 after bag

Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #14
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I bought one of these and I really like it . http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Tactical-Gear/Tactical-Packs|/pc/104792580/c/104778180/sc/157712580/Red-Rock-Outdoor-Gear-Large-Assault-Pack/1627786.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/tactical-packs/_/N-1107844/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_157712580?WTz_l=SBC;MMcat104792580;ca t104778180&WTz_l=SBC;MMcat104792580;cat104778180;c at157712580&avad=55097_c65a6e3b&WT.mc_id=al40661&r id=12&WT.tsrc=AFF
. In my pack is alot of stuff including my AK pistol and a few mags . it doesnt look that big until you open it up but i also use it for 3 day kayaking/ camping excursions. I keep rain gear, cooking gear, alcohol stove, first aid gear, a military bivy sack , spare change of clothes, 10x12 nylon tarp , paracord , all weather playing cards, 2.5 liter hudration bag, Food, water filter , flashlights, fire starting goodies , etc It does hold alot more than one would expect . It has heavily padded back and shoulder straps, sternum strap and large waist belt . It is a 35 liter pack. I have no idea what it weighs full but its heavy, the seams are heavily stitched and its pretty heavy material . Best part is the price, it was a good buy . I got mine 10% off and had gift cards I needed to use
Purehavoc, nice pack and a great price! With the weapon included, does the stitching hold up? Have you carried it at all to test it? Do you have much ammo in it? Just trying to get an idea of the weight. Thanks for posting this with pics.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 04-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #15

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Purehavoc, nice pack and a great price! With the weapon included, does the stitching hold up? Have you carried it at all to test it? Do you have much ammo in it? Just trying to get an idea of the weight. Thanks for posting this with pics.
I will weigh this tonight but Im going to tell you now that its probably close to 30# . The stitching is heavy thread and lots of it . I will take some pics of the seams and stitching tonight and weigh it . I have 2/30 rd mags in there and 2 more 20 rd boxes for a total of 100 rds in the bag . Oh zippers are pretty heavy for such a bag of its size also . it has internal pockets for pens , pencils that I used for tweezers and forceps pen, etc . I will open it all up tonight and take some pics . I have seen the Condor bags up close and they are good bags but this one has better quality stitching . I have carried it and Im certainly glad it has a lower belt for some weight off my shoulders

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #16

Condor is on the cheaper end. 511 is higher end but not on the level of something like Mystery Ranch. This is the one I have http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004D1SM9S/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1397511471&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40

Old 04-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #17
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
There are lots of people and place out there that are selling prepacked packs " Ebay , Amazon" etc . but you pay a huge price for one prepacked . You will find that you can buy the pack and everything that are everyday essentials for half of what people are charging for prepacked packs and alot of the stuff in them you will never need or even use. I suggest packing your own pack with what you think you will need . Go bug out living out of that pack for 3 days and you will find out what you wish you had thats not in there and what you will never use that you have with you . .
If you would like a detailed list I can help you with what I carry in mine .
Most of the stuff you can get at Dollar stores and do it very cheap and very reasonably
This is so true. Most pre-packed anything is cheap quality. They assume most kits will never be used, therefore consumers will never complain. Many items for a BOB you already own and don't need to purchase again.

Quite frankly, living out of your BOB for three days is the best way to determine its usefulness. If you don't love out of it when times are good, how would you know if it'll work in an emergency? Test and re-evaluate until you get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
And whatever you do, don't try to get some cheap knock off bag. Buy brand name and it will last a lifetime. Plus, the pricier bags are much better suited to carrying heavier loads. You get what you pay for.
The bag is the key! Never, ever try to skimp on quality here. If the bag falls apart at an inopportune moment, you could wind up stranded. Besides, you will ALWAYS put in more stuff than you expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
I wouldnt support Dicks since they caved during the Newtown drama and stopped selling certain guns and ammo. 5.11 rush 72 is great and the condor 3 day bag is good too. Buying a pre made bag is a huge waste of money. I've bought 90% of my survival gear from amazon and it's all worked out great.
No one knows better what you need than you do. For an emergency when everyone is stressed out and society is falling apart, it's better to have what you really need instead of what someone else thinks you need.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Mason609 Likes This 
Old 04-14-2014, 10:53 PM   #18

So a hicker bag is bad!?! imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1397515984.045673.jpg like that 1 is what I was thinkin

Old 04-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #19

But not from dicks haha

Old 04-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #20

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1397566694.939832.jpg
BADASS