Bug out bag gear - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Bug out bag gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I don't have a B-O-B.

The only thing I'm thinking I'm going to be taking with me if it ever comes to me having to leave my home is all the cash I can get my hands on, my rilfe and pistol, and as many bricks of ammo as I can comfortably carry in my backpack.

I do however have a stocked cache with the following stuff, (at least what I can remember, I know there's more, but didn't keep the list when I got done packing it in).

Aluminum Foil (Heavy Duty)
Ammo .22 LRHP (Packed in sealed PVC pipe with desiccant)
Ax
Battery Free Flashlight
Blankets
Cell Phone with a few batteries
Compass
Cooking Gear
Extreme Weather Sleeping Bag & Ground Pad
Field Surgical Kit
Fishing Hooks
Fishing Line
Flint Kit
Fold up Sun Glasses
Gloves
Hand Crank Multi-Band Radio With Cell Charger
Hats
Heavy Duty Plastic Bags
Leatherman Knife
Lighters
Long Sleeve Shirts
Long Underwear
Match Safes (10) Full Of Strike Anywhere Matches
Medicine
Nylon Line
Nylon Rope
Pants
Rain Gear
Rifle (Packed in sealed PVC pipe with desiccant)
Sanitizing Agent
Saw
Sewing Kits
Socks
Spare Glasses
Surgical Tubing
Tape Rolls
Tarps
Tinder
Traps
Toiletries (Soap, Toothpast, Toothbrushs)
Tools (just basic hand tools)
Topographical Maps
Water Filtration Device
Water Purification Tablets
Wet Suit
Winter Coat
Zip-Lock Bags
Zip Ties

It's been there for a number of years, and most of the stuff is packed in weather proof storage bags with desiccant, so it should last a good long time.

Now, I seriously doubt that I will ever need any of the stuff in that cache, and the only thing there that I might bring out someday would be the rifle, but seeing that it only cost me $65.00 at an auction, I don't think so. You might be asking yourselves why I have the wet suit? I don’t know how many of you have ever been diving, but that wet suit sure did keep me warm in some mighty cold water for a pretty long time. Figure if nothing else, I can wear it while I’m snorkeling for fish in those ice cold mountain lake. Might make a good pressure suit in needed. Just packed it in because I had it.

Took me awhile and a bunch of trips to pack all that stuff in, and I know I'll never pack it back out out again, so it's there to stay. Maybe some day somebody will find it and wonder what the hell was on that fools mind. Then again, it just might save someone's life.

An armed society is a safe society.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.