Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Boom It Just Happend !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 04:43 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The wal-mart idea is my plan for zombie invasion...
Oak Ridge... as well as Eastman in Kingsport and NFS in Erwin. I'd most likely be screwed.

Lets say I can do something about it, though, that these places don't leave a large Mickey-Mouse head in the surface of the planet, then I'd go to my pals place in JoCo.

I think the people in my mind, if they were all assembled there, would be able to do darn near anything short of dropping aircraft and MBTs.

Although, if ammonium nitrate can take a tank, then we'd be fine for anything short of aircraft

Old 08-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFENS View Post
The wal-mart idea is my plan for zombie invasion...
Oak Ridge... as well as Eastman in Kingsport and NFS in Erwin. I'd most likely be screwed.

Lets say I can do something about it, though, that these places don't leave a large Mickey-Mouse head in the surface of the planet, then I'd go to my pals place in JoCo.

I think the people in my mind, if they were all assembled there, would be able to do darn near anything short of dropping aircraft and MBTs.

Although, if ammonium nitrate can take a tank, then we'd be fine for anything short of aircraft
I need a whole mall for zombies. Hot dog on a stick will be the difference between life and death.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #23

I wonder if anyone would come to our aid? The EU? The Saudis? I think we could count on the Mexicans and Canadians most. But in this scenario, they'd be in the same boat, no paddle.

Let's say we could hold out, but what would we hold out for?

Old 08-07-2008, 02:24 AM   #24

Ideally, hold out for the eventual restart of "United States'" government. Hopefully freer than Korea.

I think the devestation depends on who hit us. IE, Organized nation vs terrorist. If the latter, I think the gov't would survive and rebuild. The former, well, that sounds like WW3. I think it was Einstein who said that the fourth would be fought with sticks... so lets not hope for that.

Reason to fight? Survival. Passing on ones genes to the next generation. Not going down without taking some those sons-a-guns with one's self.

If it was a terrorist-type attack, I'd try to subside until order restores. A full-out invasion, well, I'd try to do my best at mucking it up for "them", should "they" decide to roll through my area (or further down the road, doing whatever I could to make things hard for the established invaders).

I pray it never comes to that though.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #25

If somehow the US was attacked (unlikely in my lifetime I suspect), I'd have to agree with DFENS in that I'd stick where I am and try to make life for the invaders hell. Of course, Since I live just a little outside the beltway of DC, I'd probably be vaporized anyways.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #26

depends on who attacked, Alaska/ Yukon territory if feasable otherwise make life as unpleasant as possible for the invaders until I expired.

Liberty

Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 AM   #27

Well, living in southern New Jersey, I'm screwed if the nukes fall, im dead even between washington, new york, and philly. If somehow I'm saved from that destruction, running isnt much of an option, every bridge out of state is through a major city, and those will be packed with refugees, i'd be digging in and using my reserves, and counting on the pine barrens to provide for me the same way its provided for my family since this was british soil and they were smuggling Jamiacan Rum from the coast to the port of philadelphia. Hopefully start a collection of AKs and dogtags if they send in the groundtroops.

Last edited by JerseyJohn; 08-13-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #28

Liked 7549 Times on 3285 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

Jersey- If I were you (I'd move! Just kidding-) I would check on the location of small boats, and my route to water. Roads are not the only means of transport. In a SHTF scenario, roads are likely the WORST means of transport.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 AM   #29

I'd stay put as long as I could I've got enough for me and mine for a couple of months.
I live in a rural farming community. Folks here are pretty self reliant.
If I have to move. I don't live too far from amish country. Hell I can walk if I have to.
Been bartering and trading with them for years. If that won't work I'll go north most will be headed south to warmer climates.
The biggest problem in NW Ohio would be city folks roaming the area.
I'm not sure how far fall out will carry from Chicago. It could be a mute point.