Boom It Just Happend !!! - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Boom It Just Happend !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 09:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i didnt even get a chance to flinch. im 15 minutes from luke air force base, the largest f-15 base in the world last i checked.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #12

Default Come on in,bkt!

You sound just like our kind of people! Seriously, if you're traveling through East Tennessee and see a red 4X4 pickup with a "FirearmsTalk.com" sticker on the rear window, stop and say hello!

I can show you some great places around here to set up so that we can be mutually supporting and share food, fuel and security. I'm like you, though, in that I am staying put in my area unless I have to leave due to circumstances.

We do have a plan and we can bug out to the family farm some distance from here, if forced. Hand water pump for the second well, cattle, differing fruit trees and large areas of crops to help feed our group. Fresh mountain springs for potable water. Our group includes physicians, nurses, pharmacy techs, paramedics, police and firemen, as well as homemakers, kids and dogs. Many of us have military experience and all of us want to survive.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:36 AM   #13

What you're describing is a "Red Dawn" scenario and you can toss martial law and bugging out all out the window , there wont be time for the government to declare it or for you to run anywhere with paratroopers in the sky .

Time to kiss the wife and kids goodbye "If they're to little to fight and maybe even if they aren't" choke back the tears of what might have been , watching them grow up and you playing with the grandkids and growing old with the wife it's all a dream that wont be coming true .

Lock and load and give em hell until your last breath .

To borrow a line from the movie "We were soldiers" "Gentlemen prepare to defend yourselves !!"

Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
What you're describing is a "Red Dawn" scenario and you can toss martial law and bugging out all out the window , there wont be time for the government to declare it or for you to run anywhere with paratroopers in the sky .

Time to kiss the wife and kids goodbye "If they're to little to fight and maybe even if they aren't" choke back the tears of what might have been , watching them grow up and you playing with the grandkids and growing old with the wife it's all a dream that wont be coming true .

Lock and load and give em hell until your last breath .
Not true. If you want your family to live, but don't have time to flee, hide them, and you can go rambo. Invading troops will most likely kill the men (or anyone else who seems threatening). Chances are the women and small children will be left alive. You will be killed as you fight for freedom.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:32 AM   #15

I'll be heading to Johnson County (Allmons, I'm in Hampton, could get some family from Buck Mountain and some friends from Johnson County if you need more people. I'm a decent shot and a hard worker, I learn quickly - and the family/friends pretty much ALL hunt and farm) to meet up with teh friend. He's loads of land, some of it plowed and farmable.

I figure, with all the hunters that live in the area, there'd be plenty of people to push away and "paratroopers" or other such invaders.

We learned a thing or two from Charlie, dontcha know... they'd better stay away from Copperhead Road.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:02 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8836 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Allmons- while not TOO many civilians have ready access to cratering charges, an abatis requires only a chain saw or axe and trees. And it sure slows down vehicles.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Allmons- while not TOO many civilians have ready access to cratering charges, an abatis requires only a chain saw or axe and trees. And it sure slows down vehicles.
and best done with 3-4 with such a vicinty of one another, you could also do this to set a quick hit and run ambush to further slow them down

Old 08-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFENS View Post
I'll be heading to Johnson County...
You and 4.5 million other people.

I got news for you guys. If you are east of the Mississippi, you don't have a prayer of sequestering yourself from the roving bands of the hungry. The sheer weight of numbers alone makes it impossible.

Another thing: those in power don't give it up easily. They will regroup and reorganize, and they will bring every force under their control to bear on anyone that attempts to undermine their perceived claim to power. They will round up the hungry and cast you as the enemy. This will be more prevalent in the East than the West, because there are more "rulers" and more people and infrastructure in the East.

I think you guys are fooling yourselves. Besides ORNL is probably a target.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #19

I would relocate to the most formidable terrain possible. This would either be mountainous regions, or cities (what's left of them). This is where you have the best shot at resisting the enemy, providing enough cover, concealment and avenues of escape. I think that is the only option because otherwise, said enemy will just pick us off from the sky, or from the safety of armored vehicles. Think of all the great videos from Iraq/Afghan of the lone insurgents in a field, and then BLAMMMO! vapor city. The enemy can do that too.

I think the folks that mentioned banding together with neighbors are the smartest. You still need a community to keep going, but you would have to have that community somewhere hard to reach, with lots of good sniper nests along the way.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Old 08-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Damn. I'm totally screwed already. I live outside of Seattle - Home of the Infidels Microsoft, Starbucks, and oh yeah, Boeing. I am betting they nuked the crap out of this place. JD is probably a french fry at the moment... and that good hardware just sitting in the safe waiting to be found by the next generation of mutant hunters. *sigh*

JD
You're not screwed at all. Go towards the NW corner of the state to a town called Port Angeles. There are no strategic locations needing to be nuked, so it will likely be safe. Get into the Olympic National park and hike into a place called Humes Ranch. It is a nice (Elwa) valley area surrounded by tall mountains. It has the most pure water you will ever see that runs from mountain runoff. There are every form of wildlife including deer, elk, bear, and mountain lion. The land is lush and the dirt is rich for excellent crops. There are a couple of fruit trees out there, but don't count on them. There are wild huckleberries everywhere though. You could live out nearly every condition there as long as you are prepared for the winter which is "witch tit" cold.

I live in Texas now, but that was MY plan when I was in the NW. Here, I will likely get a band of brothers to commandeer a super Wal-Mart and build a defense from there. Not near as elegant as Humes Ranch