Boom It Just Happend !!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Boom It Just Happend !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Boom It Just Happend !!!

The United states has just been hit with multiple nuclear warheads all along it's coast lines, there is panic in the streets, Martial law has been inacted! and enemy troops are pouring from the skies, and breaching canadian borders, 50% of infulstructure is destroyed and the rest about to crumble.
You have got about 10 hours to get you and yours relocated some where safe!!! where would you go? what would you take with you?
Please give your location (STATE) that you live in as you describe what your plan would be.

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

well if i said where i was going that would only ruin it as they would be able to find me

Old 07-31-2008, 12:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
well if i said where i was going that would only ruin it as they would be able to find me
agreed, but make it known my location has everything already needed, and has a tactical advantage as well

Old 07-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2940 Times on 1532 Posts
Likes Given: 261

My only option is to bug in and try to keep a low profile. A few select neighbors will help form a perimeter. If we are faced with a massive invasion from the south (I'm in Texas) as we likely will, there will be one he!! of a fight in store for the invaders (be they Chinese, Russian or Mexican). Many will die on both sides. If I go down, I just want to go down fighting. Guerilla actions should give the enemy reason for pause in considering such an option, that is if this country has any fight left in it.

Ft. Hood and San Antonio will be likely Nuke targets so I should be far enough away should the missles prove to be accurate. If the accuracy be lacking, I might fry in the initial salvo.

My initial concern is the panic. Criminals and freaked out citizens will be everywhere. Hopefully I won't have to stack 'em up too high.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Damn. I'm totally screwed already. I live outside of Seattle - Home of the Infidels Microsoft, Starbucks, and oh yeah, Boeing. I am betting they nuked the crap out of this place. JD is probably a french fry at the moment... and that good hardware just sitting in the safe waiting to be found by the next generation of mutant hunters. *sigh*

JD

Old 07-31-2008, 04:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
If we are faced with a massive invasion from the south (I'm in Texas) as we likely will, .
This invasion is already underway!

Old 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9359 Times on 4035 Posts
Likes Given: 1470

What would C3 do? Contact the kids, arm the claymores. wait until the kids get here, drop the abatis, shift to batteries for the air filttration unit, close the door. (GRIN) Of course, with traffic from the beach, there IS no high speed axis of approach.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm done. I live only 30 some minutes away from famed MacDill AFB. I never even had a chance.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:28 PM   #9

Default Enact my security plan

Living in the East Tennessee Mountains, we will be safe from the initial attacks. Our first problem here will be panicked refugees fleeing from the battlegrounds and attack sites. They will be broke, running out of gas, hungry and desperate.

Unlike everyone's fantasy, 95% of them will NOT have a BOB, food or water or even a clue as to where they are going. The vast majority of them do not know how to hunt, fish or survive in the woods. Many of the people who grew up here in the mountains DO NOT LIKE strangers invading their land and will defend it vigorously. A whole lot of us have been hunting and shooting since we were small children, and we will feed our families first( and up here, that can be 50+ people - we count all cousins and their kin as close family ).

We are bordered by two different National Forests, so I expect MANY "flatlanders" will be rushing here to find a cabin or camping spot. If you come, leave the locals alone!

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Depends on what's been nuked, which way the wind is blowing, and what season it is. Also, is it a given that I absolutely cannot stay put at home? That would be my best option.

If martial law means gov't weenies are stopping citizens and confiscating firearms, then I'm sure as hell not getting in a car and driving anywhere. And if it's winter, I'm sure as hell not walking anywhere very far; we get a lot of snow and it's usually pretty darn cold. That means I'm relying on what resources I know about nearby.

If the gov't weenies are dealing with angry hordes of Canadians or whatever and not harassing citizens and the weather is good and the city near me is a pile of dust and we need to scram, I'll probably head south if it's fall or winter or east to the Adirondacks (six million acres of not-a-damn-thing-but-woods) if its spring or summer.

Food, water, firearms and ammo for everyone in my family, the dog, full tank of gas, extra gas, tools, shelter-making materials (everything in my bug-out bag and then some) and almost certainly a caravan of about a dozen friendly families.