blow gun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > blow gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 02:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default blow gun?

Do you guys think that with some practice a blowgun would be worth placing into the bob? What kind of range cld i expect with one of the cold steel 2 piece 5 foot blow guns with the razor hunting tips? I really think this would answer all my silent hunting needs.

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I use to kill little birdies all day with blowguns.

An airgun would be more practical, but a blowgun will work..or a slingshot.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:35 AM   #3

yea, my girlfriend wants a wrist rocket for her bob... i might add a fold able one as well. but wldnt a kill be more guaranteed with a razor tip broad head hunting dart?

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 01-20-2010, 02:50 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

More penetration with a razortip, but shot placement in key.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 AM   #5

Default cold steel let me down on this one

I went to the shot show in zoni when i was like 14 and talked my father into forking out 20 bucks for a black piece of metal tubing and i never used it till recently and it was a big let down, you kinda have to have the lung capacity of a cow to make that lil "razor tip" dart go far (they call it a razor tip but its not that sharp to my disapointment). Dont get me wrong i love cold steel and have a few of there knifes (only factory seconds because i cant afford the brand new ones) and i actualy met lynn thompson at that shot show in arizona (i didnt know who he was being a little kid and i kinda got in his face about the crappy sheaths they sent me when i purchased some factory second knives my dad was beat red XD haha)

Old 02-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #6

Default one last thing

if you guys have read the book Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse their solution to silent hunting is a crossbow, it seems much more affective than a blowgun because you can probally take down something bigger than just "birdies"

Old 02-25-2010, 06:18 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hey, something I know a little bit about.
I do not use a standard blow gun and darts, I make my own (there is something special about tying your own darts). I do, however, have a friend who uses one so I am aquatinted with it.

I would expect maybe 100' of range. After that it gets incredibly hard to hit stuff accurately and consistently.
Some plus's about a blow gun is; silent, dependable, little movement when operating (with a slingshot you have a very large motion that you have to go through before shooting), darts are reusable and usually not that hard to find again, the ammo is small, because you use natural aim to operate it, it is very accurate... that is if you practice a lot and the whole unit isn't that big.

I am no expert, but I would use it before I would a sling shot. Of course, I am kind of obsessed with blow guns. lol

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown