BEST survival rifle - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

BEST survival rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 10:28 PM   #121
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I just though about what I posted about camping. Times have really changed. I was about 15 at the time. My oldest friend was 17. So imagine what would happen today if you saw 5 or 6 kids from 15 to 17 years old riding on mopeds carrying rifles in southern California. The SWAT team would respond!
along with the Forest Service, the fire department, children's services and the BATF!
Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 06-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #122

Liked 2157 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 1394

Man that is messed up. I am only 47. It wasn't that long ago.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #123
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 299 Times on 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uanda View Post
so how many people will ever have a problem in this place? and the states you reference would have to be Rhode island sized. :-) cause there's roads everywhere, man. and people with ATV'S, etc, out at night everywhere, too. and if you keep that fire burning for 3 days, making lots of smoke, there will be somebody there to check it out, wilderness or not. :-) it's no reason to waste your money on a stupid M6 Spld o/u, that's certain.

The Salmon-Challis NF is about the size of Vermont. It has Ranger Districts bigger than Rhode Island. It is generally roadless. There are wilderness. Trail crews that work 16-day hitches in the wilderness. They spend 3-days in and 3-days out on horse back. There are no ATVs or anything else with wheels back in the wilderness.

I gather from your posts that you have a sophomoric understanding of things in general.

I'm not sure where you are, or your what your background is. But you need to slow down be for you ruin your credibility for ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #124

Liked 2485 Times on 1458 Posts
Likes Given: 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I just though about what I posted about camping. Times have really changed. I was about 15 at the time. My oldest friend was 17. So imagine what would happen today if you saw 5 or 6 kids from 15 to 17 years old riding on mopeds carrying rifles in southern California. The SWAT team would respond!
Can relate. Grew up in Kern County. Used to walk around oil fields and farm fields and shoot ground squirrels and jack rabbits when I was 14 with a couple friends from school. We started younger than that with pellet guns and had graduated to .22s and 12 ga shotguns. No one said a thing except a few ranchers were happy to see us thinning out the burrowing vermin that caused cattle to break legs.

Used to backpack up in the Sequoia NF or out in the Mojave with a .22 rifle or pistol when I was in high school. No problems then either.

You're only a couple years older than me. So I can relate to how things once were in CA. It is not the same place it was back then. My folks sent me to a week long riflery camp sponsored by the Boy Scouts and NRA in the summer when I was 13. Probably have a hard time finding one of those again today.