Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Best SHTF Pistol?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #141
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 866 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 80

50 rounds of pure hell!!!! Glock 34 with 50 rd mag.

50-round-mag_resized.jpg

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

rifleman1 Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #142

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

No-one's gonna argue with you!

Old 06-16-2013, 01:00 AM   #143

Liked 1766 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

Man, that has got to be heavy and akward with 50 rounds hanging out of the bottom of that gun.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #144

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
Man, that has got to be heavy and akward with 50 rounds hanging out of the bottom of that gun.
They make 100 rounders too. Still wouldn't bet my life on a 9mm if the SHTF.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
Colt.or a Glock? Drop both off a three story building onto concrete and see which one still shoots, and what each one brings on gun broker.

Personally, I have very little interest in any firearm with a single stack mag. I guess it would be OK if one lived behind the iron curtain of NY and can only have seven rounds anyway.

I still live in free America, and with choices.
I guarantee they both still shoot.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1037 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman77 View Post
They make 100 rounders too. Still wouldn't bet my life on a 9mm if the SHTF.
I wouldn't bet my life on any handgun, given the choice between a carbine and a handgun.

If SHTF, lots of internet revolver snipers are gonna run out of ammo when they miss their target completely or learn that the type of gunfights that happen when the police are nowhere to be found aren't quite the same as the 2-3 round gunfights that a typical street criminal will engage in while backpedaling as fast as he can to escape the law.

That and all the debate about magnum revolvers and pistol caliber carbines for SHTF will be settled by people with AR and AK carbines and scoped bolt action rifles.

There will be plenty of like new revolvers available for the next generation to have the same debate, though. Most people quickly forget history, or choose to forget the parts they don't like, so the debate will rage on after the apocalypse.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512

I wouldn't bet my life on any handgun, given the choice between a carbine and a handgun.

If SHTF, lots of internet revolver snipers are gonna run out of ammo when they miss their target completely or learn that the type of gunfights that happen when the police are nowhere to be found aren't quite the same as the 2-3 round gunfights that a typical street criminal will engage in while backpedaling as fast as he can to escape the law.

That and all the debate about magnum revolvers and pistol caliber carbines for SHTF will be settled by people with AR and AK carbines and scoped bolt action rifles.

There will be plenty of like new revolvers available for the next generation to have the same debate, though. Most people quickly forget history, or choose to forget the parts they don't like, so the debate will rage on after the apocalypse.
Agreed but the thread is about pistols. If the SHTF I am gonna bee in a tough spot. AK? AR? 6.8 AR? Or FAL? Decisions decisions.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #148
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1825 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Versatility is the winner in a survival gun. A revolver and a matching caliber rifle makes a lot of sense. Add in a Lee Classic loader for your chosen cartridge. 38spl/357 mag are very common and very available. 400fps jump on 357 in a rifle. Very good jump on 44 mag also if you want bigger and heavier. Nightstalker has a good idea going with the BP revolver. While I like the double action revolvers, a single action would be more stout and possibly less trouble prone.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 06-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #149

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

In any survival situation you must be mobile. Transporting food, water and clothing will become a priority. It is very doubtful that packing 50 lbs. of center-fire ammo and reloading equipment will be on the agenda. The facts are most will keep their small light framed small caliber handguns. Self protection and taking small game are both close range handgun issues.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #150

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I am not a glock fanboy but when the S*** hits the fan I want a glock because mags and parts are everywhere.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.
Kodeman Likes This