You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Best SHTF Pistol?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 74 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Identity, please...
rem.jpg  

Old 06-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #102
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
I'm not sure about everyone else, but if SHTF I'll take a carbine over a pistol any day of the week.

Anybody who wants to grab my carbine is welcome to try. They'll get punched in the mouth, but they can certainly try.

Grabbing at guns might work against people who have no hand-to-hand training, but it's not very smart. If you're going to get that close to someone with any type of firearm, be smart and use a knife.

Better yet, use better judgement and better tactics and steal them when everyone else is asleep. The superman complex wears off once everyone is tired, cold, and hungry.
If you have a gun 2ft away from someone, it would be easy for them to grab it, and push it out of the way. You may manage to punch them, but if they have a handgun, (or even a knife) your most likely going to be the one with a few extra holes in you.

I agree with you on the knife.

What I'm saying is, know what to use, and when to use it. within hand to hand distance, a knife might be the best weapon if you know how to use one. Using a rifle when your only a few yards away from someone is not the best idea. Especially if they are close enough to grab it. On the other hand, a handgun is not that great past 10-15 yards. This is when I would chose a rifle.

On the whole SHTF situation, I don't want to get close enough to someone that I have to use a handgun, and I certainly don't want to get close enough that I have to use a knife. I'd rather keep them at bay with a rifle.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 06-01-2013 at 03:27 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #103

Liked 1201 Times on 769 Posts
Likes Given: 1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
If you have a gun 2ft away from someone, it would be easy for them to grab it, and push it out of the way. You may manage to punch them, but if they have a handgun, (or even a knife) your most likely going to be the one with a few extra holes in you.

What I'm saying is, know what to use, and when to use it. within hand to hand distance, a knife might be the best weapon if you know how to use one. Using a rifle when your only a few yards away from someone is not the best idea. Especially if they are close enough to grab it. On the other hand, a handgun is not that great past 10-15 yards. his is when I would chose a rifle.

On the whole SHTF situation, I don't want to get close enough to someone that I have to use a handgun, and I certainly don't want to get close enough that I have to use a knife. I'd rather keep them at bay with a rifle.

Thats why they make bayonets....
People Like This 
Old 06-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #104
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1881 Times on 1058 Posts
Likes Given: 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

What I'm saying is, know what to use, and when to use it. within hand to hand distance, a knife might be the best weapon if you know how to use one. Using a rifle when your only a few yards away from someone is not the best idea. Especially if they are close enough to grab it. On the other hand, a handgun is not that great past 10-15 yards. This is when I would chose a rifle.

That sounds great, in theory. In practice, grabbing a gun doesn't work out well for the person doing the grabbing unless the molested is unaware/untrained and the grabber is also armed, in which case grab, stab, or shoot at your pleasure.

Anyone with a knife or pistol won't bother fondling your weapon unless they are stupid, they'll just stab or shoot you and then take your weapon.

Knives and pistols are perfectly lethal, it's a question of stopping power. That's why I want a carbine. Put simply, someone else may walk off with my carbine because we might both be dead after an arms-length altercation but the weapon fondler won't be needing it.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #105
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22400 Times on 12495 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

a phased plasma rifle may just be the best SHTF firearm!

Old 06-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #106

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
a phased plasma rifle may just be the best SHTF firearm!
Pfft, no.
It's obviously a Lancer.
High capacity magazine and a chainsaw for cuttin through anything.
Just picked up one from my LGS.
Never buyin another gun, again.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
Pfft, no.
It's obviously a Lancer.
High capacity magazine and a chainsaw for cuttin through anything.
Just picked up one from my LGS.
Never buyin another gun, again.
No Sir! a phased plasma rifle trumps a Lancer any day of the week. just ask the Terminator!

Old 06-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #108

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

No Sir! a phased plasma rifle trumps a Lancer any day of the week. just ask the Terminator!
I just sold my lancer and bought a Hammer of Dawn for a couple hundred more. Worth every bit.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #109

Liked 642 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

I opted for the DMR. Light weight, medium caliber, semi auto, and I comes with a good scope. I love it!!

I traded in my Longshot for it.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
I just sold my lancer and bought a Hammer of Dawn for a couple hundred more. Worth every bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
I opted for the DMR. Light weight, medium caliber, semi auto, and I comes with a good scope. I love it!!

I traded in my Longshot for it.
sorry guys, but the accuracy, power and portability of my phasd plasma rifle is awesome!