Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Best Chainsaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Last edited by JiroZero713; 09-03-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Being that this is in the Survival area, I think this one is perfect.
"

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 09-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Husky.... mine is 13 years old, 3rd pull and it's ready to spray chips.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Husqvarna or Stihl are the only two I would buy. My dad has a 25 year old Stihl that runs like a champ and as long as you keep the chain sharp it cuts great. The place we just moved into has a fire place so I used it a couple of a weeks ago to cut up 2 12" trees. He got a husy about 5 years ago and hasn't had a single problem out of it.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-05-2009, 01:33 AM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Stihl. Chain Saws - Chainsaw Product Selector - STIHL USA
Pick one.
You can buy the others at any store which decides to sell them, but you can only buy Stihl from a Stihl dealer. The reason is service and maintenance.
Northern Tool & Equipment isn't going to fix your Husqy. Once you buy it, you're on your own. Fat Tommy's Chainsaw and Bicycle Repair Shop might be really good at patching up your Murray 21" mower, but Fat Tommy doesn't attend training or have factory reps show up at the shop every time something new comes down the line.
From an initial-quality standpoint, Stihl can't be beaten. For service and customer support, there is no other company with a similar reputation or program, for that matter.
I grew up felling and cutting trees, and have run everything from climbing saws up to a 2-man saw with a 5' bar (I held the handle at the tip of the bar.) If anyone ever owned the 1960's Homelite XL-12 with the 36" bar, you can appreciate what a big, heavy, powerful saw is.
I own either 4 or 5 Stihls at this moment, and would never buy another brand. I also have a grunch of other Stihl professional equipment, and the same goes for them.
Did I mention Stihl?

Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #16

Liked 59 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Chain saws??

The best chainsaw is the one you pick up and it works as it should

Dad has a 1970's era Homelite EX that is still his favorite Ive heard others diss the Homelite and evin the Poulan.

Ive a neighbor that bought a new 20"Husqivarna (disremember the model) inside a week he had renderd that new chainsaw a piece of junk

Its the man that makes the tool, the tool only complements the man
In otherwords there folks out there that have a Knack have a feel or finess and can get by with about anything then there is the crowd that needs more power (square pegger mentality) ie pound a square peg in a round hole useing a rose bud torch set and a 10# hand sledge.