Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Believing in a SHTF situation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Default Believing in a SHTF situation

How many of you believe that a SHTF situation will happen? Not criticizing anyone who does or doesn't. I finished Lights Out a few weeks ago and have been pondering the possibility of one occurring.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-09-2011, 01:24 AM   #2

I thought this was the SHTF

Old 11-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Haha, It will be if Obama gets elected again!

Old 11-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiahunter
haha, it will be if obama gets elected again!
aaaaahhhhhh!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Well, it's only a matter of time before Yellowstone blows or we get slammed by a killer asteroid or someone pops off nukes, right? It's not a matter of if, but when.

Will any of us be alive to see it? Who knows?

Don't prep for the SHTF situation. Prep for every situation.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

You have, in this life, seen what happens when society breaks down, right?

Rodney King Riots?

Katrina?

Things like that?

People WILL lose the sense God gave them when SHTF and the infrastructure they rely on is compromised.

You want proof?

Review the police blotter from anywhere that lost power for more than three days.

JD

Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Having a decent food supply, means of treating water, the capability of self defense, shelter, water stored, light and heat is a good idea at any time.

I have insurance too. I don't have it because I expect to use it, I have it just because it's prudent.

However, there's always those damned zombies.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 11-09-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #8

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I predict that we in the US will experience a total collapse of society within 5 years. Read Rawles' "Patriots" too.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7349

Growing up on and near Marine bases, I live with the mindset that a SHTF situation is not a posibility. It is a probability. Where I live now there are frequent power outages and more unprepared people than I even want to think about. One half mile from me is a bay on lake erie that floods every spring and is a tourist area in the summer. Fifteen minutes away is a power plant and a national guard armory. Right now , we have an occupy group in the colledge town that is right next to the power plant, another one 40 minutes the other direction, we were just passed by an asteroid, and we are just 407 days away from 12/21/2012! Hell, I've lived in a bull's eye for so long that I don't even think about if it will happen, I think about when it will happen. By being ready for the big things, the little emergencies that come up are never an issue.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 11-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #10

I believe that prepping and knowing how to deal with situation as they arise, should be common sense. Whether your the guy who prepping for complete Armageddon with nukes and a 12000' tsunami at the same time or not it just is good practical sense to prep even a little. Even if its for the next power outage or winter storm Its just a good idea. I mean you can prep for however you like but in the end ( and this is the best way I have ever heard it put) its all about the size of the insurance policy you want to take out. Cause that's what prepping is, An insurance policy. You just have to decide if your just gunna have the minimum or full coverage. And I also agree with the other guys out there you should be prepping for everything. You dont need a BOL for every situation, but maybe a plan or at least an idea of what you might do. That's a whole lot better the crossing the bridge when you come to it.