Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Believing in a SHTF situation (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/believing-shtf-situation-51456/)

Georgiahunter 11-09-2011 01:20 AM

Believing in a SHTF situation

How many of you believe that a SHTF situation will happen? Not criticizing anyone who does or doesn't. I finished Lights Out a few weeks ago and have been pondering the possibility of one occurring.

gutz47 11-09-2011 01:24 AM

I thought this was the SHTF

Georgiahunter 11-09-2011 01:29 AM

Haha, It will be if Obama gets elected again!

gutz47 11-09-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiahunter
haha, it will be if obama gets elected again!

aaaaahhhhhh!!!

bkt 11-09-2011 01:39 AM

Well, it's only a matter of time before Yellowstone blows or we get slammed by a killer asteroid or someone pops off nukes, right? It's not a matter of if, but when.

Will any of us be alive to see it? Who knows?

Don't prep for the SHTF situation. Prep for every situation.

Dillinger 11-09-2011 02:12 AM

You have, in this life, seen what happens when society breaks down, right?

Rodney King Riots?

Katrina?

Things like that?

People WILL lose the sense God gave them when SHTF and the infrastructure they rely on is compromised.

You want proof?

Review the police blotter from anywhere that lost power for more than three days. :rolleyes:

JD

CA357 11-09-2011 03:14 AM

Having a decent food supply, means of treating water, the capability of self defense, shelter, water stored, light and heat is a good idea at any time.

I have insurance too. I don't have it because I expect to use it, I have it just because it's prudent.

However, there's always those damned zombies. ;)

trip286 11-09-2011 03:15 AM

I predict that we in the US will experience a total collapse of society within 5 years. Read Rawles' "Patriots" too.

kfox75 11-09-2011 07:21 AM

Growing up on and near Marine bases, I live with the mindset that a SHTF situation is not a posibility. It is a probability. Where I live now there are frequent power outages and more unprepared people than I even want to think about. One half mile from me is a bay on lake erie that floods every spring and is a tourist area in the summer. Fifteen minutes away is a power plant and a national guard armory. Right now , we have an occupy group in the colledge town that is right next to the power plant, another one 40 minutes the other direction, we were just passed by an asteroid, and we are just 407 days away from 12/21/2012!:eek: Hell, I've lived in a bull's eye for so long that I don't even think about if it will happen, I think about when it will happen. By being ready for the big things, the little emergencies that come up are never an issue. :cool:

Sniper75 11-09-2011 09:36 AM

I believe that prepping and knowing how to deal with situation as they arise, should be common sense. Whether your the guy who prepping for complete Armageddon with nukes and a 12000' tsunami at the same time or not it just is good practical sense to prep even a little. Even if its for the next power outage or winter storm Its just a good idea. I mean you can prep for however you like but in the end ( and this is the best way I have ever heard it put) its all about the size of the insurance policy you want to take out. Cause that's what prepping is, An insurance policy. You just have to decide if your just gunna have the minimum or full coverage. And I also agree with the other guys out there you should be prepping for everything. You dont need a BOL for every situation, but maybe a plan or at least an idea of what you might do. That's a whole lot better the crossing the bridge when you come to it.