Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Bankruptcy in Calif. cities

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
jyo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think things are a LOT worse than we've been led to believe---after all, the Prez says the recession ended 2 1/2 years ago...yeah, right!

Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 834 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 179

Friend of mine is out there... he's a business owner and does have an MBA

80% of the city's expenses are going to pay salary's and pensions for police and fire. It's an ugly mess, but one that is taking place all over the United States.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
As a country and as a people, we should have learned from our past mistakes.
Quoted for The M'Effing Truth!!

There is absolutely ZERO excuse to for a city with taxpaying citizens to mismanage so much offing money that they have to declare bankruptcy.

All this filing does is screw over even more people that are owed money by the bastard politicians who couldn't manage the money that was clearly laid out for them.

The people that are owed money should be paid directly from the yearly salary, or state income tax, from the politicians that are responsible!

Another reason I will be voting out ALL incumbents come the polls. NO ONE deserves a second chance in office after the last 4 years!

JD

Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #14

Liked 302 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 26

The unions have got us by the balls here when it comes to city, county, and state workers and their pensions. Also terrible mis-manggement by governing bodies of revenue they recieve from taxes. Vote all the incumbents out no matter who they are.

I haver some investment in municipal bonds which are kicking off just over 4-1/2% interest but with this bankruptcy thing going on and several cities near in the same boat as San Bernadino, its making me nervous.

Last edited by mrm14; 07-12-2012 at 01:30 AM.
m72law Likes This 
Old 07-12-2012, 03:35 AM   #15

Liked 707 Times on 455 Posts
Likes Given: 227

All those on the pensions will not be happy when they find out their pensions are not protected in California. A friend of mine there was not happy when he found out that was true. He was a firefighter and retired at 52 with a large pension.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The public employee unions are breaking the system. These should have never been allowed. The unions elect the people who are over their jobs. These elected managers in turn are in debt and dependent on the unions for their jobs. This a massive dairy barn where the taxpayers are milked.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #17

Liked 2357 Times on 1054 Posts
Likes Given: 2263

Wait for it, I'm sure some lib will come on here and suggest these cities just raise taxes. While completely ignoring the fact that the local government has already squandered all the money. I'm sure the libs in Kalifornia are already discussing that if they just got a little more tax money they could straighten out this mess.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #18

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Wait for it, I'm sure some lib will come on here and suggest these cities just raise taxes. While completely ignoring the fact that the local government has already squandered all the money. I'm sure the libs in Kalifornia are already discussing that if they just got a little more tax money they could straighten out this mess.
That is their answer for all woes. Want a new program? Raise some more taxes.

Meanwhile every other person alive has to either cut back on one or more things or raise more money by doing more not sitting on their butts making everyone else pay.

I want a new gun but don't have the extra money. What do I do? I cut back on things until I save enough to buy it.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #19

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The failure of California's socalist anticapitalist government has been great for Texas. The number of California jobs moving to Utah and Texas Etc. are helping the economies of these states.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1808 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 2039

Default tesla.......

The one man that could have resolved the whole problem with kalifornacation. One of his inventions would have gotten rid of the whole damn state........And you would have new beach front property.......Its still plausible.........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

m72law Likes This