Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Bankruptcy in Calif. cities (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/bankruptcy-calif-cities-68061/)

widowmaker 07-11-2012 06:29 PM

Bankruptcy in Calif. cities
 
Just heard that San Bernadino just filled chapter 9 bankruptcy today.
Not sure how many that makes in the past year but "It ain't lookin good Lucy"
I would guess it's just a matter of time before the state follws suit. Then you will see the result of years of mismanagement and illegal immigration into this once proud state.

Mosin 07-11-2012 06:53 PM

I wish California would just slide off the map, and give the decent Arizonans some beachfront property.

orangello 07-11-2012 07:01 PM

Wasn't Orange County, CA the test case or origin of Chapter 9?

Gone_South 07-11-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 866576)
Wasn't Orange County, CA the test case or origin of Chapter 9?

No Chapter 9 for municipalities came about back during the great depression.

In 1994 Orange County was the largest municipal bankruptcy until Jefferson County (AL) filed in 2011.

mountainman13 07-11-2012 07:25 PM

Does that make this the great recession?

Gone_South 07-11-2012 07:27 PM

I think this is more than a recession mm13. If it keeps going the great depression will look like a cakewalk.

mountainman13 07-11-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gone_South
I think this is more than a recession mm13. If it keeps going the great depression will look like a cakewalk.

I would imagine the truth of the matter is that it is already worse. People just don't realize.

trip286 07-11-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gone_South
I think this is more than a recession mm13. If it keeps going the great depression will look like a cakewalk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13

I would imagine the truth of the matter is that it is already worse. People just don't realize.

I'm almost proud to be able to say as an old man (I'm still young yet), that I've endured some of the same hardships as my Grandfather. It also kind of saddens me though. As a country and as a people, we should have learned from our past mistakes.

JTJ 07-11-2012 07:52 PM

3rd city this year in the PRK. Mammoth, Stockton and now San Bernadino. California is beyond broke and they still have no clue on how to manage an economy. They should require an MBA to run for office. They also need to shut down all the entitlement programs. They have driven out almost all their business base and wonder why they dont have tax money coming in.
Anybody that believes the government unemployment statistics is living in Fantasy Land. We are past being in a recession by the standards used in the last depression.

TLuker 07-11-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 866648)
3rd city this year in the PRK. Mammoth, Stockton and now San Bernadino. California is beyond broke and they still have no clue on how to manage an economy. They should require an MBA to run for office. They also need to shut down all the entitlement programs. They have driven out almost all their business base and wonder why they dont have tax money coming in.
Anybody that believes the government unemployment statistics is living in Fantasy Land. We are past being in a recession by the standards used in the last depression.

Please, no MBA's. They would just give themselves a huge bonus before saving the state money by declaring bankruptcy. I agree with your point though. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.