Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Are bad things coming in bunches?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Every single generation since the dawn of time has felt the same way and yet, time just keeps on ticking.
You are correct. Look back over that span though. History. Things that come to my mind are the wealth and power the anceint Egyptians had, now that's just history. Remember the Roman empire? What about all of the great rulers/tyrannts of the Middle East. The Inca and Myan people and how great those civilizations once were. Then there were the Dark Ages.

All of these times when they began folks thought they would just keep going but greed, corruption, and in general low moral standards caused these once great times and nations to fall. All the bad that's been mentioned in this thread that's going on stems from lack of morals. We're there right now and our times are numbered unless we turn back to what people used to hold dear.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #42

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSix View Post
....wow, you must be pretty old to know that!!!

No I'm not but I do listen closely when the older gentleman speak.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #43

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
You are correct. Look back over that span though. History. Things that come to my mind are the wealth and power the anceint Egyptians had, now that's just history. Remember the Roman empire? What about all of the great rulers/tyrannts of the Middle East. The Inca and Myan people and how great those civilizations once were. Then there were the Dark Ages.

All of these times when they began folks thought they would just keep going but greed, corruption, and in general low moral standards caused these once great times and nations to fall. All the bad that's been mentioned in this thread that's going on stems from lack of morals. We're there right now and our times are numbered unless we turn back to what people used to hold dear.
Oh yea, this nation may fall, or will rather but there's really no point in worrying about it and if your a religious man (which it sounds like it from your post) then you've read that worrying about tomorrow is a waste of time because today has enough problems of it's own.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #44

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
I thought it was both...?
Locally we have one freak who insists that Jedgar's FBI and Mafia are the same organization. Closeted Libertarian cult member -- 'nuff said.

I'll wait for the pics of the double secret probation street signs...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 07-02-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #45

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Oh yea, this nation may fall, or will rather but there's really no point in worrying about it and if your a religious man (which it sounds like it from your post) then you've read that worrying about tomorrow is a waste of time because today has enough problems of it's own.
Your observations are right. What bothers me the most is not the loss of wealth or material things or even safety but the fact that almost 236 years ago a group of brave souls made one of the biggest and best steps ever made by man kind and it's being lost. We're waisting what they gave all to achieve.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #46
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Your observations are right. What bothers me the most is not the loss of wealth or material things or even safety but the fact that almost 236 years ago a group of brave souls made one of the biggest and best steps ever made by man kind and it's being lost. We're waisting what they gave all to achieve.
That's correct. Ours is the only system of government in history designed to protect the individual and now half the individuals who live here want to get rid of that system. The prosperity we achieved - and the benevolence we have been able to show the rest of the world - won't come back anytime soon unless we get back to what we know works.

While it's true people throughout history have complained about the stupidity, incompetence, theft and waste of their leaders, we do have something special worthy of fighting for to retain. Throwing up your hands and saying "oh well. that was fun while it lasted." is not the way to stave off bad times.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #47

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Having enough problems today, probably was caused by not preparing yesterday. Call it worrying, concerned, interested, whatever......living for today without regard for tomorrow, most likely will continue to bring "enough problems" for today.

I would prefer to have tried and failed, rather than to have failed to try. If one fails to worry about tomorrow, they probably have failed to appreciate the struggle by others yesterday, which provided them with today.

vincent Likes This 
Old 07-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1739 Times on 1255 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

Default Time.......

You cannot turn back the hands of time.....But I like taking my old alarm clocks and using them for target practice.......The dung heap is getting oh so close to the fan.......Prepare for the worst......The worst is yet to come.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #49

Liked 80 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

I would say we are at 20% or higher! The govt stats are so skewed they are not only unreliable but completely unbelievable. Just like Inflation stats.
Absolutely. Those numbers don't include the amount of people that are not drawing unemployment or, who have stopped receiving unemployment due to the time limit in which you can receive it.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1073 Times on 694 Posts
Likes Given: 1996

Quote:

I don't think the problem is morals so much as culture? The founders were extremely smart individuals. They knew history, and philosophy, and pretty much everything else there was to know at that time even if they were self taught. It was culturally expected at that time for a person to study various subjects and to learn if that person was fortunate enough to have the means to do so. We no longer have that culture.

And yes every generation thinks they are in trouble in regards to the generation that is coming along, but in this case we are right to worry. I went back to college in 2001 and was in a sociology class the day after 9/11. The professor compared the attacks to Pearl Harbor. One girl raised her hand and asked, "what is Pearl Harbor?". I looked around the class expecting to hear a few snickers and noticed that almost everyone was just staring at the professor waiting for an answer. The professor noticed the same thing and asked who knew "what Pearl Harbor was". Two hands went up. There were only three people in a large college class, counting the professor, that knew what Pearl Harbor was. I was in shock.

I saw that same lack of basic knowledge in class after class, and realized that something had gone really wrong from my generation to that one. Those were good kids so morals weren't the problem, but they were still dumber than dirt. That was the result of our culture and I have no idea how to fix a broken culture?