Are bad things coming in bunches? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Are bad things coming in bunches?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
Politics, I know better than to go there.

Right now Americans are more divided than at any other time since the Civil War, or at least that's what I keep hearing. Assuming that is true, does anyone think we are far from another civil war?

At the moment I can't see a Civil War happening? Economic collapse maybe?
While it may not be likely, the possibility is far from zero that we could have a severe economic collapse - very much worse than what we experienced in 2008 and since. If necessities become too expensive or unavailable, you can expect pretty widespread civil unrest. That's bad news.

But the civil war, if it occurs at all, won't occur until after we try to put things back together. There will be those who want to restore the country to its original foundations: rugged individualism and a government that exists only to protect the rights and freedom of individuals versus collectivists who want to turn everything over to the government - wealth, property, our very lives.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #12

Liked 720 Times on 465 Posts
Likes Given: 232

No matter what happens, it is going to be ugly. The USA (and the rest of the world) is traveling down a rough road with very steep ditches. Just like the old curse- we are going to live in interesting times.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #13

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

I figured this fits pretty well. sorry for the live video I coulfnt find a better one on my phone.

Have Gun....Will Travel

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 06-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #14

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
Obama has one goal...to collapse the United States of America so that the way can be paved for a one world government.

How he gets there is of little consequence.

When you see it from that angle, everything begins to make sense.
HotGuns;
I am not sure that's the goal but I tend to agree that nothing that the administration "says" or does makes sense unless one shifts the paradigm as you suggest... Then it all, only, makes perfect sense.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #15

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Scarey times gents, scarey times...

(DeMent endorsed Dr. Paul fyi...)

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #16

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

No-one's perfect.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #17

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Very bad things are coming..........

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks
willshoum Likes This 
Old 07-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #18

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

My dad said he read a study where a few experts said the unemployment rate will hit 50% by 2013... I dont agree with that one bit, although anythings possible. Id say if it hot 20% holy sh*t that would be bad. Imagine 50%? lol now that is scary.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #19

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Hit* dam spell check

Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #20

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
So this is what the proverbial creek looks like!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone feel that there is an actual representative of the people in political office on either side?
As long as people only see the two parties as viable alternatives then we will have a problem. 3rd parties can get elected at the state or local level but you hardly ever hear about it on a federal level. Most take the lesser of two evils rout and this is what we get for it. The water is hotter than ever and the frog is still sitting and watching America's Got Talent or other informative shows

It's going to happen again this year but the two we have running this time are so close it's hard to tel one sock puppet from the other. I can care les about Romneycare. That was at a state level and really has no place being talked about in a federal election. He has said he does not like it at the federal level. It's about the only thing I have liked that he's said. NDAA and the Pat Act are fine with both of them so both are dangerous men. But if God come down and run as an independent there would be no chance for a win to get in the big chair.

So what's the best thing to do? Fire Congress and hire in the people that will get it done right as you see it. The POTUS is hamstrung if they don't have Congress. If you're conservative then vote for a conservative that reflects your views, not just the flavor of the month GOP sock puppet. Truth is the GOP left conservatives in the dust years ago. The parties don't matter anymore. It's the people that do. So I hope everyone votes their conscience and not just for a party. It really is the worst thing we can do if we hope to get this country back on track.

Sorry to pick out your post TLuker, It just got me to thinking and it was not an attack on you or your post. You are right, we don't have people in office that represent the people. And as lopng as we stick with the two party system we wont.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson