Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Are bad things coming in bunches? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/bad-things-coming-bunches-67354/)

hiwall 06-30-2012 03:56 AM

Are bad things coming in bunches?

Is it just me or does it seem things are going downhill faster? First it was the deal with the Fed suing half the states for this or that. Then Obama giving amnesty to over a million illegals. Then the high court grants some of Arizona's illegal alien law to stand but Obama the same day cuts Arizona off from illegal alien documentation checks(the only state cut-off). Now the high court allows Obamacare to stand. Plus Europe is ready to collapse at any time and war in the Middle East could erupt any day. Half of the western states seems to be on fire. Congress thinks their job is to do nothing except spend money that we don't have. The US attorney general is in contempt of Congress. We have had no federal budget for three years (which is not legal). The media tells us daily that the economy is getting better when it is not. The media lies about other stuff and no one seems to care or try to correct them. The school system sucks and most agree but nothing is done about it. The list is endless. And still people think preppers are crazy.:confused:

gunnovice09 06-30-2012 04:00 AM

Im getting out of the marine corps soon and cant wait to start prepping

bkt 06-30-2012 01:15 PM

Everyone I know who knows what you and I know are preppers.

But I know a few people who don't have a clue what's going on in Europe, never heard of Fast & Furious, haven't paid attention to the health care law in any way and don't understand the issues, and generally remain clueless with regard to current political events and THEY are the ones who think preppers are alarmist nutcakes.

That's fine with me.

cj84 06-30-2012 01:19 PM

Happy fourth of July hahaha

GlockRenegade 06-30-2012 01:33 PM

Dnt forget 4 million Americans without power last night / today

TLuker 06-30-2012 01:33 PM

So this is what the proverbial creek looks like!:)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone feel that there is an actual representative of the people in political office on either side?

HockaLouis 06-30-2012 01:38 PM

I think DeMint. Darryl Issa. Michele Bachmann (who apparently needs some help to get reelected given what the badguys are throwing at her). Paul Ryan. Marco Rubio. Maybe Rand Paul (but unlikely given his father is an insane conman -- sorry, the tree doen't fall far from the nut).

EagleSix 06-30-2012 03:49 PM

We are crazy hiwall......crazy like a fox :D

TLuker 06-30-2012 04:00 PM

Politics, I know better than to go there.

Right now Americans are more divided than at any other time since the Civil War, or at least that's what I keep hearing. Assuming that is true, does anyone think we are far from another civil war?

At the moment I can't see a Civil War happening? Economic collapse maybe?

HotGuns 06-30-2012 04:03 PM

Obama has one goal...to collapse the United States of America so that the way can be paved for a one world government.

How he gets there is of little consequence.

When you see it from that angle, everything begins to make sense.