Is it bad that I wish some of these things would happen ? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Is it bad that I wish some of these things would happen ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Be careful what you wish for. At some point down the road, somebody will pop an EMP device and we'll all get to find out what life was like when the Pilgrims landed.
There are gonna be lots of people that will not be able to cope, or possibly even live.

Im not one of them.

Jim

Old 09-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #32
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3358 Times on 2272 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux

There are gonna be lots of people that will not be able to cope, or possibly even live.

Im not one of them.

Jim
Me either,..we solved the Electrical issue with 2 dual mode Generators, one if we Bug in, is a 5000 Watt cont. & 6,000 Peak,.and the smaller one is 2500/3000 and goes anywhere...they also have storage batteries and recharge through solar as well..
We also formed a "Mutual Assistance Group" with several other friends here,...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
phideaux Likes This 
Old 09-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

We went thru an ice storm in West Ky in 09, 21 days at my house without power, I was just fine , heat and cook with wood stove, plenty food stored, plenty water, (well).

OTOH, the gas stations, stores, grocery stores, were n0t prepared , and therefore no gas, no supplies or food of anykind after first 2 days.

Me and mine made it 3 weeks JUST FINE.

Coulda went lots longer.
I got pond full of fish, chickens for eggs, and meat, plenty rabbit ,squirrel , deer, a years supply of canned garden veggies ( until next garden) got all seeds sealed and stored.

I have generators also, but if no gas, ???

Jim

People Like This 
Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have firearms and a chit list of well-prepared people in my area.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #35
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3358 Times on 2272 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux
We went thru an ice storm in West Ky in 09, 21 days at my house without power, I was just fine , heat and cook with wood stove, plenty food stored, plenty water, (well).

OTOH, the gas stations, stores, grocery stores, were n0t prepared , and therefore no gas, no supplies or food of anykind after first 2 days.

Me and mine made it 3 weeks JUST FINE.

Coulda went lots longer.
I got pond full of fish, chickens for eggs, and meat, plenty rabbit ,squirrel , deer, a years supply of canned garden veggies ( until next garden) got all seeds sealed and stored.

I have generators also, but if no gas, ???

Jim
Jim where are you In W. Ky? I was stationed at Ft. Campbell for just a month short of 3 Years(although I shared a rental house w/ 3 other Jr. Officers that was actually In Tn.) from Jan. of 82 to Late Nov. Of 84.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Jim where are you In W. Ky? I was stationed at Ft. Campbell for just a month short of 3 Years(although I shared a rental house w/ 3 other Jr. Officers that was actually In Tn.) from Jan. of 82 to Late Nov. Of 84.....
1 hour from Ft Campbell,
We go ther a lot , just to shop, there are more gun related things in the stores there.

I did basic training there in 1966.

Im sitting on the northern tip of Lake Barkley.
Lyon County.

Jim