Is it bad that I wish some of these things would happen ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Is it bad that I wish some of these things would happen ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I expect when ancient man invented smoke signals it changed his life. Can you imagine instead of hunting and stealing young women you had to watch the horizon for a message?

Old 08-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
...But I do live in the country and I do not like to be bothered when I'm out and about. I like to fish in the warm months and will never take a phone with me most times. When I do it's because I have a ton of music stored no it and I've put in ear buds and am jamming while ripping lips. Not much is more fun than catching a big bass while listening to some good music. And ear buds keep things nice and quiet around you...
I hope a bear doesn't sneak up on you when you are fishing.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #23

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I hope a bear doesn't sneak up on you when you are fishing.

Haahahaaa!!!!
I have something for Mr. Bear if he happens across my path. I hear they are allergic to lead.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

orangello Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #24

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

I admit to being an iPhone junkie. In a way it's good for me to be on it for long periods of time. I can get annoying without it.

But... I'd love for a solar flare to show the Y Generation & career welfare leeches how far too easy they have (had) it.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 09-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #25
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3167 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo
I admit to being an iPhone junkie. In a way it's good for me to be on it for long periods of time. I can get annoying without it.

But... I'd love for a solar flare to show the Y Generation & career welfare leeches how far too easy they have (had) it.
What you Really mean is that the folks who hack into the phone system and use counterfeit SIM cards would get jammed by one of the NSA's little toys,and that only paying customers would be able to keep using their devices...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #26

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
What you Really mean is that the folks who hack into the phone system and use counterfeit SIM cards would get jammed by one of the NSA's little toys,and that only paying customers would be able to keep using their devices...
Sounds good to me.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 09-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I guess I misunderstand who those homos work for.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I have found from experience that if you do not answer the phone when someone calls from work during vacation or during your free time, they will learn to call someone else instead

Old 09-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Interesting thread. I see someone that allows his/her phone to ruin his/her vacation, a few people that want to get back to nature, and a few that hate the electronic age. Folks, with the exception of the person allowing his phone to kill a vacation I can sympathize with all of you. The only problem is when it's for real and you don't know when it will end. Camping is great. No phones, no computers, and if you do it right, no electricity. The only problem is when you sit there and start making plans for when you get home. A nice hot shower, a couple loads of laundry, check your e-mail, watch the news, all things requiring electricity. You have an end in sight. You planned and prepared for the beginning of your trip, and you know when it will end.

As one person from Mississippi pointed out it's very different when it's not your choice, and you don't know when the primitive conditions will end. Ask the people in Homestead, New Orleans, Seaside Heights, or Pensacola how they liked going without cell phones, or any phones for that matter. You sit there knowing that if you need emergency services there was no way to call them. Ask them how well the fish were biting after that major hurricane blew through. Ask them whether they were more afraid to eat a dog or be eaten by a pack of dogs. Ask them about sniper fire. These are all things that have happened during one or more of our hurricanes. I pulled my crews out of Homestead because the police couldn't protect us. The power companies had their crews coming under fire.

Now, to anyone that has their phone ruin their vacation, shame on you. Change your voice mail greeting to reflect the situation and turn the darn thing off. The world is not going to end and your company won't go out of business if you don't answer your phone. Not only are you not that important, you are putting the dollar ahead of your family. That is never a good thing.

Well, that's my $.02 worth. I know some of you will never learn how to listen to a phone ring without answering it. I know some of you think you have everything you need to survive if things go to heck. Me? I'm going to die as soon as my meds run out. Be nice and don't fight over my stuff when I'm gone.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #30
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Bob away my Blues!

This was my youth, no cellphones, no twitter, no High Speed Internet! It wasnt so bad after all.