Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Is it bad that I wish some of these things would happen ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/bad-i-wish-some-these-things-would-happen-94817/)

purehavoc 08-01-2013 07:05 PM

Is it bad that I wish some of these things would happen ?

I wish my mobile devices were gone most days , including land line , mobile phone, Computers , automobiles and some other stuff would go away .
I wish it would go primitive for about 5 + days so people would actually come to grips with what could very well happen and get them selves more prepared . I think a few days like this would bring people and neighborhoods together closer and learn how to help each other with their different skills and know how . Im not a huge prepper guy but Im prepared to take care of m family for a while , I dont have a bug out place, I dont have stuff stashed other places,no underground bunkers or facilities, .
I once went to Minnesota on a 9 day primitive trip took enough food and water for a couple days and then had to live off of what I caught and trust me I ate alot of fish . I had a blast I never worried about not having food because I caught fish and turtles the whole time I was there . I had a canoe and that was my way around the lake to fish . Water was never a issues as I stayed next to a lake , it rained 3 of my 9 days , and yes after 3 solid days of down pour everything becomes wet . I still had a blast , and not a care in the world to be honest with you . I would like to go do it again some day and get back to what this world should really be like . My kids and grand kids will never experience some of that stuff as they were brought up in the electronics world . Where do the days go now ?

aandabooks 08-01-2013 07:27 PM

I wish cellphones would disappear forever. People are entirely too tied up in being connected 24 hours a day. It's like people are too afraid to be alone with their thoughts for awhile.

willshoum 08-01-2013 08:16 PM

I wish..............

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1322748)
I wish cellphones would disappear forever. People are entirely too tied up in being connected 24 hours a day. It's like people are too afraid to be alone with their thoughts for awhile.

To bring back the days, when you talked to a jackass or mule he knew which way to turn....................:eek:;):D

orangello 08-01-2013 08:46 PM

Wait for a serious hurricane, flood, or similar natural event; it's less fun when it isn't voluntary, especially in the Summer. Fans are an awesome sleep aid, strictly freakin awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1322748)

It's not my thoughts that bother me, it's the thoughts of the other voices in this head.
;)

purehavoc 08-01-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 1322834)
It's not my thoughts that bother me, it's the thoughts of the other voices in this head.

OG , thats probably the bear behind you whispering your name :D

orangello 08-01-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 1322839)
OG , thats probably the bear behind you whispering your name :D

Pfffft! Bears don't speak English. :rolleyes:

purehavoc 08-01-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 1322852)
Pfffft! Bears don't speak English. :rolleyes:

yeah but you must understand bear because when they roar and charge Im thinking he must have said something about having dinner shortly

orangello 08-01-2013 11:39 PM

[sound of mind blowing]

Rick1967 08-02-2013 12:37 AM

I often wish we could go back to a simpler time. I am tied to my cell phone and laptop. I can't do business without them. People bother me 24/7. I even get customers calling me while I am on vacation. I tell them I am on vacation and they don't care. People are so selfish!

trip286 08-02-2013 12:44 AM

This is why I love camping.