Around 6 months left - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Around 6 months left

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
At the moment not enough people have enough disposable income.
....and the malls are packed around our area every weekend

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1242 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 2513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
....and the malls are packed around our area every weekend
Those people are buying primarily cheap Chinese junk.

In 1964 Winchester made changes to the model 70. In effect they made it cheaper and that's why pre 64's are valued so much. Think about how the popular rifles today compare to even a 65 Winchester in terms of quality, workmanship, and so on - much less a pre 64? Now think about how much a rifle would cost today if it were made in the same manner as a pre '64 Winchester?

We buy a lot of stuff today but the stuff buy is primarily junk. And now we've reached a point where even our junk is expensive. Things of real quality are astronomical. We're getting to the point where I could see an old home costing significantly more than a new one just because of the materials used to construct it and much higher quality in craftsmanship (have you priced copper and wood lately?).

Our quality of living has already dramatically dropped and we don't even realize it. New homes tend to be poorly constructed piles of splinters and plastic sitting on a cracked concrete slab. Aluminum is even making a come back for wiring because it is so much cheaper than copper (there's a reason people quit using it years ago). Our cars, guns, and even tools aren't far behind.

Have you noticed how popular Mosin Nagants are today? I'm not a fan of the Nagants. I certainly wouldn't knock anyone for buying one. For many people that is what they can afford, and I've been there. In the past a Mauser or Enfield was all I could afford and those were the poor man's gun years ago. Now the reason I'm not a fan of the Nagants is because of what they represent. We went from a poor man's gun being an Enfield or Mauser to a Nagant? At this rate in five years or so people will be raving over the British muskets that you can get for $100. Seriously, people are going nuts over a WWI Soviet made peasant rifle????? And the really sad part is that those guns are probably made better than many of the current production sporting rifles. For me the Nagants represent just how much our standard of living has already fallen along with the value of the dollar. My first Enfield was only $45 and that was in the mid 80's.

I know that was long winded, but this is a lot more complicated than just where the Dow closed at today. The malls are full of people spending money, but on what? What exactly are they getting for that money? Are they getting more for it than people got for the same amount 10 years ago? How about 20 years ago? What about 49 years ago which would have been 1963?

Old 06-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I make $35,000 a year
I spent $50,000 last year (got some kewl guns too)
My credit card debt is $160,000
And my mortgage is $1,200,000

Old 06-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man View Post
This subject pisses me off so much I'm an 18 year old and I knw what need to be done to fix the country. All these guys that lead our country are not stupid men if they were they wouldn't have the money they do. Why can't they see that we are spending to much money? Like I said 18 here I make 11 dollars an hour after tax I bring home 350 a week so 1400 a month so I know hey I can't spend more than 1400 bucks a month and if I do I can't call china and ask for more money if a dumb redneck can balance a budget why can't these educated leaders we have do it. Bc they don't want to cut spending EPA a total waste of money they spent 10.2 billion dollars in 2010 we need to cut our government in half it's simple they need to collect more tax money than they spend and they knw that they can't raise taxes bc ppl have lil to no money now so it's simple as that get rid of all this government
Carbon,

Don't give the leaders too much credit, they probably aren't as smart as you give them credit for. Funny side story, in my MBA finance class, prof, retired exec VP from the federal reserve was asked a question by Chris. "Dr. A, with all the smart people in Washington and all the smart people on Wall street, how the hell did we get into this mess?" Long pause..., "Chris, what makes you think they are any smarter than you?"

Your thoughts on just spending what you have to spend is an extremely good idea, and the basis of Ron Paul's campaign... But, I want you to think about what happens if you suddenly took an extra 1.5 Trillion out of the economy. That pays for a LOT of peoples wages. Even at 100,000 per position, that's 1.5 Million people suddenly out of work looking for work in the private sector that doesn't have positions available, and even worse, that further drives down the govt revenues, while you just increased costs too. You save the salary costs, but the govt social network costs went up even more. It's a tough tough problem.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #15

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Well see there's the thin they don't nessa have

Old 06-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #16

They don't have to cut that many jobs jus cut the pay on a lot of them and all the welfare and hell me girl friends parents (I don't Bragg about anything let's get that clear) have more money than they know what to do with they have chicken houses and he cuts the country schools grass and a whole subdivision I know he gets 80,000 a year for the subdivision and I believe it's a lil over 300,000 for the schools. So jus the landscaping is 380,000 a year I'm not sure of the chicken houses but whenever they go buy anything from lowes or a new mower or truck to pull trailers it's tax free as long as it goes with the farm or landscaping these are the ppl that can afford taxes... Tell me this isn't a problem

Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #17

image-467273558.jpg

This kubota is top of the line 20 grand they got it tax free. Why bc the government thinks they need it to be check out the house in the background does it look like they can't afford taxes?

P.s. that's my handsome SON with the girly hat on