"Apocalypse Man" on the History Channel - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > "Apocalypse Man" on the History Channel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I feel so bad for people stuck in cities and stuck in suburban areas where resources will quickly run dry.
To members here, if you are in a "vulnerable" area of downstate NY, Northern Jersey or Eastern Penn. and there is a complete breakdown of society, you are welcome to think of this little valley as a bug out option for ya. If you are or may be interested, PM me and we can discuss it. Dont get stuck in Westchester or Rockland county, for a full tank of gas you could load up your vehicle and family and be here in a couple hours (no speed limit anymore) I am sure Rt. 17 would be pretty clear once you get to Sullivan County.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 01-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I thought the idea of the show was pretty good, at least more realistic than some of the others. I saw it as more of 'what if everyone evacuated' type scenario. It seemed like it was laid out kind of like a video game.

Let's go here. Hey look what I found. Let's go there. Hey look I can use the item I found.

I would like to see it on for a season or two, as long as it's somewhat realistic.

BTW: Has anyone else noticed all the SHTF and Armageddon related shows that's been coming on the History Channel the past few months?

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I thought the part when he made diesel fuel from cooking oil was pretty cool, I'll be a watcher, and I agree, better than watching whores in a mansion.

I don't believe all this hype about 2012, although, I picking up some survival pointers just in case.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 01-11-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #14

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

it was alright...i didnt like the fact that he was breaking into peoples houses...ask me thats a easy way to get dead...quick! but there was one thing he did i thought was pretty cool...lighting the steel wool with a 9v battery...doubt i'll be watching it again..it wasnt anything like it made out on the previews..but what ever is?

Old 01-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronguyton View Post
BTW: Has anyone else noticed all the SHTF and Armageddon related shows that's been coming on the History Channel the past few months?
ya, but thats just capitalism. i wldnt say that because the history/natgeo/insert the network you watch is showing alot of apocalypto stuff is any indicator that they know what we do not, but simply as them capitalizing on our hysteria and curiosity as a people. im not trying to discredit 2012 or the idea that there is always a chance of SHTF situation, just that i wldnt let the media get to you. if nothing else all the leftover survival supplies and cool stuff will be on hellacious discount on dec 22nd 2012... if the **** does not hit the fan that is :-p
"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 01-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacken View Post
I watched about 5 minutes and that was it. I saw the CB radio setup. When the SHTF I hope nobody sets up a CB radio on channel 9 and then keys the mike open with his tape looping. How the HELL are the rest of us supposed to use channel 9 then! Go to channel 9 in his area and get nothing but his lame recorded message. Can't send or receive anything else. That was all I could take was that one dumb idea that would adversley effect everyone else in the area. Had to turn it off. If I see it again while channel surfing I'll give it one more try.
The really stupid part of his CB radio idea is that if he'd simply hike his lame tookus up the stairs and into the emergency room, if the hospital is of any size at all and especially if it has a helipad on the grounds, he'd find a communications system that rivals most police departments.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Saw the show last night. I liked it. I didn't know that trick with the steel wool and 9V battery. That's very useful. Also, I like the whole creation of usable diesel fuel. Tricks I think every man should know.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I learned the battery & steel wool trick in the Boy Scouts, a very, very long time ago. Most any battery will work if it has a decent charge in it. I've used a Triple A battery several times, works fine. Watch & calculator batteries are borderline at best. They might work once if you are lucky.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #19

I thought it was a pretty cool show. I learned the most when he got a map of the underground sewer system and used it to to travel throughout the city.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 AM   #20

about 90% of the show seemed to be a montage of him just running around, and the whole time im thinking to myself how is he gonna survive so long without ANY sort of weapon...unless you count his crowbar...that he used as a grappling hook to get across a bridge in the middle of the day its kinda lame that all of the survival stuff he does takes place in a big ol city because thats definitely not the place to be if **** really hits the fan right??