Any ideas on disabling your firearm in shtf scenerio so it would be useless - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Any ideas on disabling your firearm in shtf scenerio so it would be useless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I'm 52 damn it ! Oh, let me read that qoute again.........never mind, carry on. ;-)
52, your a puppy

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Anyone seen that TV show on several years ago about those older kids who were still on the tit? One of them was 8!! Gross!
I don't know, sounds like that 8 year old is well on his way to finding what his next, favorite part is. Nine months trying to get out, and the rest of his life trying to get back in.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #63
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2562 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

DOWNSOUTH,

Not that I would ever want to make any of them inoperable. If SHTF we mountain folks are forming our own nation here on the hills and in the woods. And and others here will be passing out extras for those who need one. With other accessories. But a simple way to make an AR and other weapon useless is to simply pull the firing pin and clip the end off with a pair of side cuts and put is back in. To make the weapon operable again all you would need to do is put another good firing pin back in the weapon. So if you needed to return you could keep some extra good ones on hand. Bet you had not thought of that? What do you think of this one! Bottom line if they will not work they are dead weight to the enemy. And they will not take a second look at them. In my case even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while! LOL!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 12-13-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #64

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
DOWNSOUTH,

Not that I would ever want to make any of them inoperable. If SHTF we mountain folks are forming our own nation here on the hills and in the woods. And and others here will be passing out extras for those who need one. With other accessories. But a simple way to make an AR and other weapon useless is to simply pull the firing pin and clip the end off with a pair of side cuts and put is back in. To make the weapon operable again all you would need to do is put another good firing pin back in the weapon. So if you needed to return you could keep some extra good ones on hand. Bet you had not thought of that? What do you think of this one! In my case even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while! LOL!

That would indeed work..

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #65

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

If you want to make a firearm not function properly move to California.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #66

Liked 987 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Or Massachusetts.....

Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #67
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
If you want to make a firearm not function properly move to California.
Wait, what? My guns function properly. Of course they are handicapped by the CA laws. California is like the Special Olympics of gun ownership. We are great people with hearts as big as they come, but our equipment just doesn't meet up with the rest of the nation.

(Please don't take this as a dig on the Special Olympics. It is not. It is a dig on the stupid gun laws here in CA.)

Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #68

Liked 987 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Well, maybe we could just get Nevada to annex California. I hear they are pretty cool about guns there. Or even better, Arizona.