Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Any ideas on disabling your firearm in shtf scenerio so it would be useless

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,256
Liked 3676 Times on 1812 Posts
Likes Given: 1000

Default

You all need to stop ^^THIS^^ nonsence...the OP may just become one of my re-supply points and I will need his guns and ammo to be in working order.

Tack

__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
You all need to stop ^^THIS^^ nonsence...the OP may just become one of my re-supply points and I will need his guns and ammo to be in working order.

Tack
Actually it was just a passing thought about thermite shells. I have put way more thought into other theads that got 0 response. You just never know what will trip the ftf trigger. Ha
__________________

NEVER FORGET

downsouth is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 2,567
Liked 635 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Default

Quote:
Actually it was just a passing thought about thermite shells. I have put way more thought into other theads that got 0 response. You just never know what will trip the ftf trigger. Ha
+1, I know what you mean. FWIW, I tend to agree with the people sayin' that after you're gone, does it really matter?
__________________
clr8ter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69
Liked 22 Times on 11 Posts

Default

When I go on vacation my guns get to visit the relatives. Yet I always take firing pins out, bolt assemblies, breach plugs(muzzle loader) and cylinders. Most of my guns are always " deactivated", except personal protection of course.

__________________
BlackRifle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 2,567
Liked 635 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Default

Quote:
When I go on vacation my guns get to visit the relatives. Yet I always take firing pins out, bolt assemblies, breach plugs(muzzle loader) and cylinders. Most of my guns are always " deactivated", except personal protection of course.
Why? Do you bring them just to show, and not to shoot? If not, you know they make gun locks and locking cases, right?
__________________
clr8ter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69
Liked 22 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Maybe you misunderstood, when I go out of state my guns go to my parents. I remove essential parts to disable them so I have the assurance that there is no possible way my nieces or nephews could hurt themselves. Gun locks can be broken & are expensive. This maybe ridiculous to some, but let's me sleep better.

__________________
BlackRifle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,355
Liked 3677 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Not going to fault you for being extra safe with firearms!

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 2,567
Liked 635 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Default

Oh, OK. Yup, I misunderstood. All of the guns I've bought recently come with locks. I'd rather they keep the lock and take $10 off the price of the gun.

__________________
clr8ter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,355
Liked 3677 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Oh, OK. Yup, I misunderstood. All of the guns I've bought recently come with locks. I'd rather they keep the lock and take $10 off the price of the gun.
Federal law. They have to come with trigger locks. Don't think you'll get money back
__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 2,567
Liked 635 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Default

Quote:
Federal law. They have to come with trigger locks. Don't think you'll get money back
Yeah, I know. I'll eventually just give them away.
__________________
clr8ter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Useless Factoids .... MobileMarine The Club House 35 03-26-2012 09:22 PM
A Bunch Of Useless Stuff. gorknoids The Club House 5 10-31-2011 12:11 PM
Most Useless Accessory Benning Boy The Club House 56 10-28-2011 05:27 PM
Gas Guns - Useful or Useless ???? SGT-MILLER Other Weapons 18 09-23-2008 10:57 PM