antibiotics stash for shtf - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > antibiotics stash for shtf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7113 Times on 4282 Posts
Likes Given: 8632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I hate using any prescription antibiotics. Then again I hate taking pills. I have been managing my health through the use of Essential Oils for the past 6 months and it has been working for me quite well. It takes a bit of education to understand how they work. I was totally unbelieving before I started using them but they have eliminated my 40-year long back pain and just recently I had a toothache that I figured would result in (another) root canal. I rinsed my mouth with oils and I'll be forever damned but the toothache went away! Southern Comfort didn't work, but the oils did. I went to my dentist and he agrees that no dental work is needed.
You amaze me, VikingDad.

Also, you all should know that different antibiotics work on different kinds of bacteria. There are Gram negative and gram positive....cocci and rods. Some antibiotics are broad spectrum, some are pretty specific. If you don't know which antibiotic to use for what type of infection, it will be ineffective and you may be setting yourself up for developing antibiotic resistant infections.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
You amaze me, VikingDad.

Also, you all should know that different antibiotics work on different kinds of bacteria. There are Gram negative and gram positive....cocci and rods. Some antibiotics are broad spectrum, some are pretty specific. If you don't know which antibiotic to use for what type of infection, it will be ineffective and you may be setting yourself up for developing antibiotic resistant infections.
Another big problem is people who stop taking the antibiotics after a couple of days, when the symptoms disappear. The treatments must be continued for several more days to make absolutely sure that all the microbes are wiped out, otherwise a few "resistant" cells might survive.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
You amaze me, VikingDad.

I am (or have been) absolutely religious about taking all of my prescriptions as prescribed for the full duration.

My dentist is a high school friend of mine. When I told him I was using Essential Oils to treat my pain rather than using the prescription he had given (and I did not fill) he was not surprised. He also did not seem surprised that it was working.

Winds,
Your description of antibiotics is not too different from a description of Essential Oils. Some are pretty specific and some are pretty general. How did the oils that I sent work out for you?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #14
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7113 Times on 4282 Posts
Likes Given: 8632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Winds,
Your description of antibiotics is not too different from a description of Essential Oils. Some are pretty specific and some are pretty general. How did the oils that I sent work out for you?
PM sent.....

Old 01-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #15

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Vikingdad, when you talk about essential oils, do you mean omega3

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Vikingdad, when you talk about essential oils, do you mean omega3
Not even close. Take a look here Essential oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been taking some vitamin supplements that contain some Omega oils blended with Clove, Frankincence, Thyme, Cumin, Orange, Peppermint, Ginger, Caraway and German Chamomile.

The above blend is one of three supplements I take daily that has eliminated 40 years of chronic back pain by addressing cellular inflammation. Prior to my discovering the Essential Oils I was experiencing back pain of a level 5 or higher 24/7. I was seriously considering spinal fusion surgery but couldn't quite pull the trigger on that.

Here is a link to the supplements I use Life Long Vitality Pack from doTERRA

Old 01-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #17

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Thanks for the info vikingdad.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #18

No problem Downsouth.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #19

Likes Given: 2

I bought fish antibiotics, fairly cheap, pharmacutical grade. I asked my doctor about them and he said that in the US all animal foods and medications have to be safe for human consumption and as far as he knew the meds were identical in makeup. I bought amoxicillin, Cipro, acithromycin, penacillin and a few others. For around $80 I got probably 30 courses, or so, worth. I bought mine on Amazon, and they are also available on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/aquaticpharmacy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #20

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Aloe vera. Google the properties. There is a reason native Americans called it the hand of heaven (best translation) and the Egyptians called the plant of eternal life.

Anti biotic properties, lotions, can cure a yeast infection and constipation at the same time.

Anti fungal, anti viral, supposedly helps memory.

And that's not even taking about minor burn treatments.

You can also juice it into an open wound.
I have a lot of aloe vera for those very reasons. It qlso makes a heck of a good juice drink to thats very popular in the asian part of the world.

Have Gun....Will Travel