antibiotics stash for shtf
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > antibiotics stash for shtf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default antibiotics stash for shtf

Any ideas on aquiring and storing antibiotics? I know they are prescribed, but they would come in handy for shtf.

What about supplements that have antibiotic properties?

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #2

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Natural: garlic and high vitamin c foods. Russia distributed garlic to troops when penicillin was scarce.
Topical stuff, many infections can be stopped at the source with proper hygiene (you'd be surprised).
Soap
Sea salt! Great for mouth rinses.

Look into animal antibiotics, I can not and am not advocating this as I have personally never tried, nor seen this done. But I have heard and info is out on the web that horse supply stores carry animal antibiotics and they do work on humans. Again, do your own research on this.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5679 Times on 2966 Posts
Likes Given: 376

Anti-biotics have a very limited shelf life in stockpiling for long term storage.

You can store topical stuff for cuts and wounds but even that has a limited lifespan.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #4

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Most topical seems to last 2 to 3 years, same as toothpaste. I have extra topical and just rotate through it. Also think about over the counter stuff. Antihistamines could really save someone having an allergic reaction. My medical instructor saved her dog from anaphylactic shock by putting Benadryl on some ice cream after it got stung by a bee.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Check out this Tetracycline from Calvetsupply -

Antibiotics - Tetracycline Hydrochloride soluble powder - 6.4 oz. packet

The standard treatment is one gram per day, for ten days - and this "five dollar" package contains 180 grams.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #6

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Aloe vera. Google the properties. There is a reason native Americans called it the hand of heaven (best translation) and the Egyptians called the plant of eternal life.

Anti biotic properties, lotions, can cure a yeast infection and constipation at the same time.

Anti fungal, anti viral, supposedly helps memory.

And that's not even taking about minor burn treatments.

You can also juice it into an open wound.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Check out Hydrogen Peroxide. Very versatile and inexpensive.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 678 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 396

Check out SSKI (Saturated solution of Potassium Iodide)
My wife and I have been using it for years. (Dose measured in drops! Like 3 or 4! Research before using it.)

Old 01-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8872 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

There are antiseptics, and there are antibiotics. Antiseptics are great for cleaning wounds- antibiotics are for infections. Yes, there are a number of vet supply products that CAN be used on people in an emergency. They all have a finite shelf life. My doc has been my doc for a long time, knows that I spend time in the remote parts of the country, and that I do not abuse drugs, or self medicate because I have a sniffle. I keep a small supply of 4 antibiotics- Pen V K, Cipro, Tetracycline and Zithromax. But they have to be replaced now and again.

However, many folks overlook one of the best medical precautions- that your vaccinations are current. They have done more to eliminate disease and sufering than just about any other medical advancement- but when was the last time YOU had a tetanus booster?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10709

I hate using any prescription antibiotics. Then again I hate taking pills. I have been managing my health through the use of Essential Oils for the past 6 months and it has been working for me quite well. It takes a bit of education to understand how they work. I was totally unbelieving before I started using them but they have eliminated my 40-year long back pain and just recently I had a toothache that I figured would result in (another) root canal. I rinsed my mouth with oils and I'll be forever damned but the toothache went away! Southern Comfort didn't work, but the oils did. I went to my dentist and he agrees that no dental work is needed.