You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Antibiotics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Well, Be beter to have the meds, Before thr SHTF?

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

Chop, while I agree that many will be looting and stealing all sorts of nonesence like Electronics, Escelades and more, waiting to get the meds till asfter the WHTF, is a Poor plan! As Cheap and easy as they are to get from sources already mentioned here, risking your life to copete with the Drug users and other assorted ass---holes, is to me a POOR Plan? What's the old adage Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it"? Right?

RON

Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

All I can say is you arent going to be the only person thinking about "borrowing" medication from a pharmacy in a shtf scenario. What i would suggest is becoming intimately familiar with what certain molds look like... i.e. penicilium. you CAN eat this particular mold and it will have the effect (to a lesser degree) of penicillin. I tried to find a picture on the interwebz but i was unable to do so but basicly it is kinda tan colored and looks smooth.... well that doesnt help much. Find some pics on the web or at your local library and memorize what it looks like it just might save your life some day.

p.s. They discovered penicillin when doctors noticed a patient who had eaten (cant remember what kind of food it was but i think it was cheese) with mold on it miraculously get better from his current sickness he had before and they connected the dots. So it does work... probably wont taste the best though

Old 10-25-2010, 03:44 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Hmm, Before I would go with "Home Grown"?

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

Hmm, well I do understand your need to think about obtaining supplies ya might need by other means, But as I had said, I feel having it "BEFORE THE FACT" would be a far more Prudent plan than Getting it from a Store by looting or growing your own? The meds are avail from many sources, not all that expensive and easy to get, so, why not stock up now and rotate and eliminate the need to have to 'OBTAIN" them by other means or worse yet, rely on Home Grown cures that might not work, or worse might be adverse to your health? Yes, many scienticif and or medical items were discovered by axcident, including the Atom bomb! Again, I still feel better the Have it and not need it, then need it and not have it, then you'd have to Obtain it by other means or try and grow it and hope you get it right?

RON

Old 07-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
All I can say is you arent going to be the only person thinking about "borrowing" medication from a pharmacy in a shtf scenario. What i would suggest is becoming intimately familiar with what certain molds look like... i.e. penicilium. you CAN eat this particular mold and it will have the effect (to a lesser degree) of penicillin. I tried to find a picture on the interwebz but i was unable to do so but basicly it is kinda tan colored and looks smooth.... well that doesnt help much. Find some pics on the web or at your local library and memorize what it looks like it just might save your life some day.

p.s. They discovered penicillin when doctors noticed a patient who had eaten (cant remember what kind of food it was but i think it was cheese) with mold on it miraculously get better from his current sickness he had before and they connected the dots. So it does work... probably wont taste the best though
1. penicillin is a lite blue/green mold.

2. While using mold dates back to the middle ages, nobody really understood what was happening. The initial discovery was not in a patient but rather a petri dish. A plated culture of Staphylococcus had been left open and become contaminated by a mold. In an area around the mold growth of the bacteria was absent.

3. You are not going to produce enough via mold to be useful. In the documented instances where moldy bread was used, it was used topically not ingested.

Edit: Didn't realize how old this was before I posted, sorry for the thread necromancy.

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Last edited by camiller; 07-25-2011 at 09:53 PM.