Answer some of these questions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Answer some of these questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default Answer some of these questions

Be honest with what your currently prepared for if this happened today . I dont want to see someone saying they have 365 days worth of food and water if they truly dont have it stashed away and in their possession . Copy and paste and plug away everyone .
I will do the same and post it up

Quote:
Down and out

You’re at work and the power goes off . It’s been off for nearly 2 hrs and its getting close to going home time. So your boss tells you and your fellow coworkers to head on home , You all leave the building , get in your vehicles but it will not start . You look at your mobile phone and you have no signal , no Internet and all text messages are undeliverable . None of your fellow co-workers mobile phones have a connection and their vehicles won’t start either . You wonder around the neighborhood near your work and all stoplights are out. There are vehicles including police dept and emergency vehicles are dead in the street because they will not run. Every person that you meet ,you ask if their mobile phone is working and all replies are no. No power anywhere at any of the surrounding business’s for as far as you can see . People are standing around like they are lost.

What is your plan to get home? If you can’t get home where are you going to stay ? What is your plan and what are you going to do ?

The Walk

So you walked the 7 miles home from work. You have meet other people including strangers walking to where they live . Power has been out all the way home and not one single vehicle you have seen along your way home has been able to start or run. All power, phones and communication is down at your residence and all neighboring residences and towns .

What are your plans now that you have made it home ?

Day 3

Its been 3 days , nobody knows why there is no service in your area. You local grocery stores have 90% of the food goods cleaned off the shelves , you have used most of the food goods in your refrigerator / freezer and the cabinets are getting low on food . You still currently have water but you have filled up everything that you have with tap water including bath tubs sinks . How much longer can this happen you ask yourself.

What is your long term plan from here on out ?

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 06-28-2013 at 04:55 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7462 Times on 4070 Posts
Likes Given: 15351

The pantry would run bare after three or four weeks. Fish and game after that.
What could cause all the vehicles to stop?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 06-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
What could cause all the vehicles to stop?
Good question that nobody can answer Follow the rules now

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 06-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

Liked 336 Times on 188 Posts

EMP killed the vehicles electronics. Solar flare or man made. I'd be walking home. It would take about 6 hours. Then I'd load up my guns. After that, well, I can't say but I can assure you I WILL feed my family...one way or another.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2935 Times on 1706 Posts
Likes Given: 1750

Memorial Day weekend, I was over @ my younger brother's house and asked him if he had a 4" or 6" well pipe, and I offered to make him a well-bucket. He laughed and then went outside and declared "***** is a prepper!" (He had had several beers).

NO well-bucket for him! Now he'll have to barter for a well-bucket, if he wants one from me!

Once I make home, which is about a 12 mile walk, thru mostly lightly populated ex-urbs/ rural, we are seriously good for 6 to 9 months. And longer on certain things.

My wife on the other hand, is 18 miles from home, but only 4 1/2 to 5 miles from her father's farmette, which is not prepared. She'll probably head there and then we'll have to figure something out!

We are all biodegradable.

Ruger, don't leave home without it.

Last edited by eatmydust; 06-28-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: clarification
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 06-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9163 Times on 3957 Posts
Likes Given: 1435

Yep- can walk home. Fair distance, but can do it. And yes, have a BOB in the trunk of the car. Small one. Calories, water, shelter, tools, first aid. Sidearm and ammo.

When I get home, if MY electrical is fried (my own backup) then we are about to make a hell of a batch of soup/ stew/ chili, and can it. Before what is in the freezer goes bad,

Water? Have a well. Have bucket/ chain for immediate use.

Food? About 6 months.

Reach out to neighbors. They help me, I help them. Look for people that may be trying to walk into our areas that do not live there.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #7

Would take me about 10 min to walk home 9/10 of a mile and small town .. Food we would be good for 45-60 days feeding 4 full sized mouths 3 times a day . I have 4600 gal of clean drinking water and a portable backpack filter if needed . Generator is always ready with 110 gal of fuel , which should keep us going for a while . Lots of stocked lakes to fish and game to hunt within 1/4 mile . We could probably go for a long long time if you can come and go freely without being hunted yourself. We also have a neighborhood plan with a few friends that have good skills

Last edited by purehavoc; 06-28-2013 at 06:31 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 22

10 mile hike would get me home. I have 2 wells but would have to install the pitcher pump on one of them for water. Food supplies for only 2 wks. for myself, wife and youngest son. Plenty of game and fish where I live but would probably have to compete for it. Firearms and ammo definitely not a problem. My main concern would be for my oldest son and his family who live 25 miles from us. I would have to add more provisions to my bob, then head out for them.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #9

Liked 1907 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

I could walk the 8 miles to home. I always have a handgun locked up in the car or motorcycle. I would grab it for sure. I do not have a BOB in the truck. I had a cheap back pack. But someone stole it. I have plenty of preps at home. But a lot of it is frozen. Power out would be a problem. We could survive on canned stuff for close to a month. Trying to bug out on foot would be tough. I do live within about 1 1/2 miles of the Colorado River. Water would not be a problem. Fishing is abundant here. Hunting is a little further away. We have bicycles. But no trailer. I used to have a trailer that carried equipment behind a bicycle. Maybe time to build another. I have ridden long distance through the mountains on a bicycle. It is not for the faint of heart. I would try to stay home as long as possible. Guns and ammo would not be an issue. I could arm the entire neighborhood myself. I have lots of camping equipment that does not require electricity. Coleman stove, lantern, propane heater that is safe indoors are all good things to have. My coleman stove runs on gasoline. There will be plenty around if none of the cars run anymore.

I think the most difficult part would be trying to communicate with the rest of the family. My mom and my 4 siblings live within a 20 minute bike ride. But how do you know if they will be there?

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #10

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Walk home.
Arm up.
Get the bow, the traps, and the fishing rod.
Get the fire starting kit.

EMP strikes suck. Hope others learned to live primitive.