Another SHTF ??? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Another SHTF ???

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GlockRenegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 603
Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker

Very few of us do bombs, especially nukes. I would guess that nukes are one thing that the overwhelming majority of us are not prepared for? They are also one of the more likely disasters that could occur.

I guess we're just more comfortable preparing for things that we can shoot? I know I am anyway.
Well IMO if nukes are used we're all screwed. Others will use them, then we will, whole world goin to hell if that happens.
__________________
GlockRenegade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Plymouth,Ma
Posts: 133
Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

I'll be buggin in with the family. All our provisions are in place, firearms locked and loaded and I have my neighbor that is well prepared as well.
Good Luck to all.

__________________
Kodeman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

I'll let you guys handle the nukes. My concern is ever increasing civil unrest do to income inequality...the same ol' thing that's always caused civil unrest. Information technology, robotics technology and artificial intelligence will bleed jobs from manufacturing and even management positions as well as fast food. These technologies have accelerated and will be here sooner rather than later...poverty will trigger your SHTF scenario.

__________________
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Aawww, relax. Soon they'll redefine a full time job as 30 hours (i.e. The UK which won't matter as there won't be any fringe benefits anymore) and so there'll be full employment and we'll all be working for the US Gov't, who has been trying to get the power to pay all wages (that's right), under nationalized healthcare to pay back China.

Things are looking up!

__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
m72law Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GlockRenegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 603
Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82
I'll let you guys handle the nukes. My concern is ever increasing civil unrest do to income inequality...the same ol' thing that's always caused civil unrest. Information technology, robotics technology and artificial intelligence will bleed jobs from manufacturing and even management positions as well as fast food. These technologies have accelerated and will be here sooner rather than later...poverty will trigger your SHTF scenario.
Yep this is most likely. Desperate times call for deaperate measures.
__________________
GlockRenegade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
anthonymartinez138's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 39
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

My family owns a cabin here in Colorado, I've been hunting and fishing near the cabin my whole life so I can feed myself and the few people who come with me, and there is fast white water so no worries about dehydration, trees to chop into fire wood and most importantly it's isolated and only way to get there is through a barely used trail that's not on a map

__________________
anthonymartinez138 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
levelcross's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Raleigh,NC
Posts: 977
Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default

Depends on what happens. If it is a Nuke attack, I hope I am a long way away or right in the middle, radiation poisoning is a terrible way to die. If it is civil unrest then we are probably better off at home where the guns are, with a full basement and a safe room that is well stocked, we can hold out for a while and see what is going on. If we have to bug out then we have a good cabin up in the woods that will make a good place to stay for a while. If Obama gets reelected then all bets are off and it is head for the hills.

__________________

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

levelcross is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
anthonymartinez138's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 39
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Does everyone think there will be social unrest if Obama is re-elected?

__________________
anthonymartinez138 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymartinez138 View Post
Does everyone think there will be social unrest if Obama is re-elected?
The possibility of widespread social unrest (read: riots) is way above 0 whether Obama is re-elected or not.

Will there be social unrest just because he is re-elected? No. But there very probably will be riots in time after severe economic crises hit the world. When you depend on the dollar and the dollar isn't worth much, people are gonna get grumpy when their kids get hungry. Obama and Bush before him and countless others over the last many decades have worked, deliberately or not, toward a situation where the dollar is on extremely shaky ground.
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
anthonymartinez138's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 39
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
The possibility of widespread social unrest (read: riots) is way above 0 whether Obama is re-elected or not.

Will there be social unrest just because he is re-elected? No. But there very probably will be riots in time after severe economic crises hit the world. When you depend on the dollar and the dollar isn't worth much, people are gonna get grumpy when their kids get hungry. Obama and Bush before him and countless others over the last many decades have worked, deliberately or not, toward a situation where the dollar is on extremely shaky ground.
Well said, thanks for clearing that up
__________________
anthonymartinez138 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
When SHTF Nighthawk63 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 162 05-16-2012 01:11 AM
When the SHTF!!! FAH-Q Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 4 03-25-2012 01:14 PM
shtf stoppingpower Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 65 12-14-2011 03:17 AM
When SHTF...HP vs. FMJ CHLChris General Handgun Discussion 20 11-14-2010 11:38 PM
What does SHTF mean to you? DarinCraft The Club House 31 02-24-2010 12:23 PM