Another SHTF ??? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Another SHTF ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker

Very few of us do bombs, especially nukes. I would guess that nukes are one thing that the overwhelming majority of us are not prepared for? They are also one of the more likely disasters that could occur.

I guess we're just more comfortable preparing for things that we can shoot? I know I am anyway.
Well IMO if nukes are used we're all screwed. Others will use them, then we will, whole world goin to hell if that happens.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I'll be buggin in with the family. All our provisions are in place, firearms locked and loaded and I have my neighbor that is well prepared as well.
Good Luck to all.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #23

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I'll let you guys handle the nukes. My concern is ever increasing civil unrest do to income inequality...the same ol' thing that's always caused civil unrest. Information technology, robotics technology and artificial intelligence will bleed jobs from manufacturing and even management positions as well as fast food. These technologies have accelerated and will be here sooner rather than later...poverty will trigger your SHTF scenario.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #24

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Aawww, relax. Soon they'll redefine a full time job as 30 hours (i.e. The UK which won't matter as there won't be any fringe benefits anymore) and so there'll be full employment and we'll all be working for the US Gov't, who has been trying to get the power to pay all wages (that's right), under nationalized healthcare to pay back China.

Things are looking up!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #25

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82
I'll let you guys handle the nukes. My concern is ever increasing civil unrest do to income inequality...the same ol' thing that's always caused civil unrest. Information technology, robotics technology and artificial intelligence will bleed jobs from manufacturing and even management positions as well as fast food. These technologies have accelerated and will be here sooner rather than later...poverty will trigger your SHTF scenario.
Yep this is most likely. Desperate times call for deaperate measures.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

My family owns a cabin here in Colorado, I've been hunting and fishing near the cabin my whole life so I can feed myself and the few people who come with me, and there is fast white water so no worries about dehydration, trees to chop into fire wood and most importantly it's isolated and only way to get there is through a barely used trail that's not on a map

Old 06-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #27

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Depends on what happens. If it is a Nuke attack, I hope I am a long way away or right in the middle, radiation poisoning is a terrible way to die. If it is civil unrest then we are probably better off at home where the guns are, with a full basement and a safe room that is well stocked, we can hold out for a while and see what is going on. If we have to bug out then we have a good cabin up in the woods that will make a good place to stay for a while. If Obama gets reelected then all bets are off and it is head for the hills.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Does everyone think there will be social unrest if Obama is re-elected?

Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymartinez138 View Post
Does everyone think there will be social unrest if Obama is re-elected?
The possibility of widespread social unrest (read: riots) is way above 0 whether Obama is re-elected or not.

Will there be social unrest just because he is re-elected? No. But there very probably will be riots in time after severe economic crises hit the world. When you depend on the dollar and the dollar isn't worth much, people are gonna get grumpy when their kids get hungry. Obama and Bush before him and countless others over the last many decades have worked, deliberately or not, toward a situation where the dollar is on extremely shaky ground.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
The possibility of widespread social unrest (read: riots) is way above 0 whether Obama is re-elected or not.

Will there be social unrest just because he is re-elected? No. But there very probably will be riots in time after severe economic crises hit the world. When you depend on the dollar and the dollar isn't worth much, people are gonna get grumpy when their kids get hungry. Obama and Bush before him and countless others over the last many decades have worked, deliberately or not, toward a situation where the dollar is on extremely shaky ground.
Well said, thanks for clearing that up