Another SHTF ???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Another SHTF ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Another SHTF ???

When it hits are you staying home or buggin out? If youre out.... where are you going? What about your family, or are you looking out for number one? What awaits you when you get there?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I'm out. I will cross the road and be in the woods. 4 mile hike and I will meet the rest of my crew at our camp. I assume we will have a good meal, rest overnight (if possible) and then decide if we head north or south. My girl will likely not survive unfortunately. She is 8 years younger than me and an out of shape city girl.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #3

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Another ****F?....I barely survived the last one.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would like to think i could get the eife and kids the 15 miles to my grandparents now defunct farm. Its the land i know best and there's a clean water source

Old 06-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #5

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Git to a friends house with the wife and the rest of the group. Decide frome there to bug out or stay put depending on the situation. If we stay close the burglar bars and put in the 2x4 and plywood inserts in the windows. Brake out the weaponry and git set up.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

My home can hold more than I can carry or shove in the Jeep, so my family is staying home. IF it becomes necessary to scram, we have multiple BOL in different compass directions and we have stores at those locations.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #7

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
...we have multiple BOL in different compass directions and we have stores at those locations.
Like, what, 7-11's?

We each have a map from Cracker Barrel (CB) which is critical as I think "they" will turn off the geo-synchronous nav sats. CB's have rocking chairs we can sleep in outside and plenty to eat including oldtime candy we'll need for comfort food. Sure, the service is slow, but, it is SHTF for God's sake!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #8

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

walmarts I'm guessing, clean up on WWB I only have one direction NW about 100 miles. If I can't go that route...I'll hold up right here at home.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 06-09-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1228 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 2474

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Like, what, 7-11's?

We each have a map from Cracker Barrel (CB) which is critical as I think "they" will turn off the geo-synchronous nav sats. CB's have rocking chairs we can sleep in outside and plenty to eat including oldtime candy we'll need for comfort food. Sure, the service is slow, but, it is SHTF for God's sake!

I've really got to start thinking outside the box! And they've got great board games too.

It would have to be something really bad for me to bug out, but it could happen? For that reason I need to put more work into having a few fall back locations. I've also been thinking more about what I might need from a bug out location based on what forced me to bug out. I would want different bug out locations and supplies for a small localized natural disaster than I would for a complete social melt down. Of course just the fact that I'm thinking about this shows I'm not prepared.

Oh, and of course zombies would require all the green stuff, no spooky houses, and nothing near a cemetery (I think cemeteries over 100 years old are ok?).

Last edited by TLuker; 06-09-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #10

I dont plan on bugging out for at least a week if needed then. If things get real bad your location or locations could be overrun. stay home ,get your neighbors involved....and of course pray alot.!

Ky concealed carry instructor
NRA Certified Instructor