Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Another SHTF ??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/another-shtf-66041/)

BlueKooEKoo 06-08-2012 02:26 PM

Another SHTF ???

When it hits are you staying home or buggin out? If youre out.... where are you going? What about your family, or are you looking out for number one? What awaits you when you get there?

mountainman13 06-08-2012 02:31 PM

I'm out. I will cross the road and be in the woods. 4 mile hike and I will meet the rest of my crew at our camp. I assume we will have a good meal, rest overnight (if possible) and then decide if we head north or south. My girl will likely not survive unfortunately. She is 8 years younger than me and an out of shape city girl.

Sonic82 06-08-2012 02:34 PM

Another ****F?....I barely survived the last one.

BlueKooEKoo 06-08-2012 02:52 PM

I would like to think i could get the eife and kids the 15 miles to my grandparents now defunct farm. Its the land i know best and there's a clean water source

lbwar15 06-08-2012 03:06 PM

Git to a friends house with the wife and the rest of the group. Decide frome there to bug out or stay put depending on the situation. If we stay close the burglar bars and put in the 2x4 and plywood inserts in the windows. Brake out the weaponry and git set up.

bkt 06-08-2012 11:36 PM

My home can hold more than I can carry or shove in the Jeep, so my family is staying home. IF it becomes necessary to scram, we have multiple BOL in different compass directions and we have stores at those locations.

HockaLouis 06-09-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 829726)
...we have multiple BOL in different compass directions and we have stores at those locations.

Like, what, 7-11's?

We each have a map from Cracker Barrel (CB) which is critical as I think "they" will turn off the geo-synchronous nav sats. CB's have rocking chairs we can sleep in outside and plenty to eat including oldtime candy we'll need for comfort food. Sure, the service is slow, but, it is SHTF for God's sake!

Sonic82 06-09-2012 03:19 AM

walmarts I'm guessing, clean up on WWB ;) I only have one direction NW about 100 miles. If I can't go that route...I'll hold up right here at home.

TLuker 06-09-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 829883)
Like, what, 7-11's?

We each have a map from Cracker Barrel (CB) which is critical as I think "they" will turn off the geo-synchronous nav sats. CB's have rocking chairs we can sleep in outside and plenty to eat including oldtime candy we'll need for comfort food. Sure, the service is slow, but, it is SHTF for God's sake!

I've really got to start thinking outside the box! And they've got great board games too.:)

It would have to be something really bad for me to bug out, but it could happen? For that reason I need to put more work into having a few fall back locations. I've also been thinking more about what I might need from a bug out location based on what forced me to bug out. I would want different bug out locations and supplies for a small localized natural disaster than I would for a complete social melt down. Of course just the fact that I'm thinking about this shows I'm not prepared.

Oh, and of course zombies would require all the green stuff, no spooky houses, and nothing near a cemetery (I think cemeteries over 100 years old are ok?). :D

tlwheatley 06-09-2012 03:47 AM

I dont plan on bugging out for at least a week if needed then. If things get real bad your location or locations could be overrun. stay home ,get your neighbors involved....and of course pray alot.!