Annoyed by the closed-minded preppers - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Annoyed by the closed-minded preppers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I been "prepping" pretty much since '73-'74 oil crisis. I have it covered pretty well, but will never have it all covered.

The day you think you got it all covered, is probably the day you start pushing up roses....

Jimmy
Thats a good way to describe it I think. I don't know that is possible to be prepared for literally anything unless you live in a self sustaining bunker a mile underground...even then. Its all about context. Where you live, where you can go, what are the local dangers. Its different for everyone. No single metaphor of squirrels, bears or wolves....or birds (for some reason) are going to apply to everyone all the time.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson