Annoyed by the closed-minded preppers - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Annoyed by the closed-minded preppers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

IMO doing something is waaay better than doing nothing at all. There is no right or wrong way, because if/when it does happen most of us will find that we were more unprepared than we thought. Just be smart about it different situations call for different protocols. Obviously a natural disaster would be different from a gov take over or societal break down. Failing to do something is setting yourself up for failure.

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #22

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliferrum
cause uhh, im pretty sure it would make never fired a shot in anger or done things that had to be done people very uncomfortable. other than "hmm what would a squirrel do?" for hording techniques, to the lot of us, the survivor mindset dosent involve hiding.
I tried three times to read your response to my post that you quoted. For the life of me, it made no sense at all. I guess you were trying to disagree with what I said. That's fine but be coherent my man.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I tried three times to read your response to my post that you quoted. For the life of me, it made no sense at all. I guess you were trying to disagree with what I said. That's fine but be coherent my man.
no no im not disagreeing, dont get me wrong, you stated you read very little of the mindset discussion, im saying that discussing the hunter gather idea that some have dosent apply to the situation when you throw other people into the mix. im not saying anyones wrong, but when you take in the depravity of the human condition, a mindset that is familiar will come but its not "surviving the wild outdoors" idea. also im saying discussing that mindset will not be benifical to the...unseasoned members.

im actually adding on to what you stated thats all. i should really stop quoting people or adding more smilies or something cause i come off wayyyy wrong.

<Insert overused badass Latin phrase about war, or something>

Any one that hates the government is not always a terrorist. Any one for a better America is not always a patriot.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #24

Quote:
cause uhh, im pretty sure it would make never fired a shot in anger or done things that had to be done people very uncomfortable. other than "hmm what would a squirrel do?" for hording techniques, to the lot of us, the survivor mindset dosent involve hiding.
Ok, I will take another stab at your cryptic words.
"im pretty sure it would make never fired a shot in anger or done things that had to be done people very uncomfortable".

I guess you are saying that I have never fired a shot in anger, and you are some sort of bad azz. Ok

You do things that make people uncomfortable. 10/4 on that!

And I learned my hording skills from a squirel. The mindset of a survivor doesn't involve hiding.

You sure assume alot there road warrior.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #25

Quote:

no no im not disagreeing, dont get me wrong, you stated you read very little of the mindset discussion, im saying that discussing the hunter gather idea that some have dosent apply to the situation when you throw other people into the mix. im not saying anyones wrong, but when you take in the depravity of the human condition, a mindset that is familiar will come but its not "surviving the wild outdoors" idea. also im saying discussing that mindset will not be benifical to the...unseasoned members.

im actually adding on to what you stated thats all. i should really stop quoting people or adding more smilies or something cause i come off wayyyy wrong.
Yes you did.
I was referancing the will to live in general terms. There is account after account of people who had no resources or know how and thru the will to live made it to safety. Is that all we need, no. But I will say this, if you lack the proper mindset and critical thinking, your skills and supplies will do you little good. You will simply stupid yourself to death, and all who follow you.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #26

im just gonna say sorry and bow out now that ive apparently anger you in some way that there is no way of continuing a discussion i had no intent of turning against you but apparently i did by not clearly dictating. - my bad. i do this alot apparently

Any one that hates the government is not always a terrorist. Any one for a better America is not always a patriot.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #27

Quote:
im just gonna say sorry and bow out now that ive apparently anger you in some way that there is no way of continuing a discussion i had no intent of turning against you but apparently i did by not clearly dictating. - my bad. i do this alot apparently
Man I accept that I misunderstood your comments. I truely found it hard to find the context in the post that got this started. I am not one to critique spelling and punction, I get it wrong all the time.

Please don't bow out of the conversation. Even if we were at odds I would not want anybody to shutdown. Just do the best you can in expressing your thoughts and I will do a better job trying to understand them and others.

If only the birds who sing the best were allowed to sing in the forest, it would be a very quiet forest.

Like the parable above, we are a symphony of voices and ideas, the concerto would not be complete if all were not heard. So keep singing soliferrum. ds

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

I...have actually understood you both going in circles agreeing with each other. Im getting dizzy.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
I...have actually understood you both going in circles agreeing with each other. Im getting dizzy.
man i cant count how many times this has happened to me. ive just stopped trying to defend myself and go "ooohh heh-heh-this...isnt were i parked my car." and deuce out.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I been "prepping" pretty much since '73-'74 oil crisis. I have it covered pretty well, but will never have it all covered.

The day you think you got it all covered, is probably the day you start pushing up roses....

Jimmy

Make sure your not someone's PITA....

Hope for better, prepared for worst...