Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Ak-47 or ar-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by archmicheal View Post
Thank you downsouth you were one of the only ones that actually gave a actual answer. It did seem to turn in to a pi$$ing contest this is the first time iv used this forum. I was curious to see how people respond on here most were giving stupid answers just to answer. Thank you to a few of you for answering my question.
Michael, your question is an old, tired, cliche that provokes arguments between shooters and defensive mall ninjas who will spend as little money as possible and get something worth every penny. People are basically tired of reading the same old stupid question that has been on the cover of every other gun magazine every other month since the late 80's and every 30th thread of every gun forum every week of every year since Al Gore invented the internet.

Not that this time YOUR question was dopey. But, let me ask YOU: 9mm or .45?

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-10-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #22

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis

Michael, your question is an old, tired, cliche that provokes arguments between shooters and defensive mall ninjas who will spend as little money as possible and get something worth every penny. People are basically tired of reading the same old stupid question that has been on the cover of every other gun magazine every othmonth since the late 80's and every 30th thread of every gun forum every week of every year since Al Gore invented the internet.

Not that this time YOUR question was dopey. But, let me ask YOU: 9mm or .45?
Look hock, maybe people think your post are old and tired. How is a new member to know what maybe ok to post as not to draw such a sharp rebuke from you. If the post is so boring to you don't answer, just move along to a subject that is worthy of your input. This was his first and second post. You gave him a nice ftf welcome huh!

Op, if you are still with us go to introductions for an official welcome. You'll find some useful links and friendly folks. Sorry about your first experience here. If this were a zoo, (sometimes it is) some members would have a sign that said, "WE BITE".

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

I prefer a .223 simply because ammo is more readily available everywhere compared to the 7.62. you just dont find that many varmit loads on the shelf in 7.62
Just think ahead about where your going to get ammo . I stopped by wally world the other night just to check and in .223 rounds they had somewhere around 60+ boxes of ammo on the shelf . in 7.62 they had 14 boxes . If your already stocking up thousands of rounds then you wont need to worry about it right away .

Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #24

The reason I asked the question is to see how many people on this forum would through a fit. I know what the differences are between the two guns. I like the ar-15 with an 18" barrel and a acog with a front grip and a collapsible stock nothing fancy. I can still reach out and touch someone or engage closer if I need to. The ak-47 in the right hands can still have great accuracy with just an acog but everyone thinks they half to fire ten rounds a second. And my preference is the .40 s & w it has a good speed like the 9mm and a good punch like the .45. And the .40 can penetrate a car window if needed. And I have all three.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #25

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Well old HOCK was right after all. You did want to start an argument.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #26

Sorry wasn't trying to start one. I just wanted to see how people on this forum would answer the question. If I was someone that really didn't know and asked the question I would start to think man maybe gun people are crazy. It was just a matter of would people on here respect a person that's new and has questions.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by archmicheal
The reason I asked the question is to see how many people on this forum would through a fit.
This says to me "I'm trying to stir the s*** pile". The reason you got the answers you did was because you were trolling for them. I don't believe I was too harsh in saying you should use the search bar to find your answer.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #28

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Well of course it was a trolling question, and everyone took it in good-natured stride except for one bass who took the bait, hook, line and sinker only to be reeled in and bopped in the head. No good deed...

Now, an important question: if you were to have only one gun, what would it be?

Downsouth? LOL Just teasin' ya man.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #29

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Well of course it was a trolling question, and everyone took it in good-natured stride except for one bass who took the bait, hook, line and sinker only to be reeled in and bopped in the head. No good deed...

Now, an important question: if you were to have only one gun, what would it be?

Downsouth? LOL Just teasin' ya man.
All good man!

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #30

Man that is a really hard question only one gun. I don't think I could ever only have one gun. But if I had to say one I'd say my .40 s&w for the fact of being able to conceal it.