An ACTUAL Survival Tale... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > An ACTUAL Survival Tale...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
.... Been together for 20 odd years, and I still have her hanging around ... After 20 years, they kind of think they belong here ... (Of all the nerve!)
Oh, well then, no wonder she doesn't listen worth a damn, and tries to grab all the covers for herself every night! (I've got one of those, here, at home too.)

BEAR GRYLLS

Old 08-21-2008, 05:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
Oh, well then, no wonder she doesn't listen worth a damn, and tries to grab all the covers for herself every night! (I've got one of those, here, at home too.)

BEAR GRYLLS
Not everyone has a woman that will clean and can salmon, cleans about any kind of fish without complaint... But she is HARD on knives!
THEY MUST FLOAT around her! She won't use a wrist lanyard no matter what...

She's a 'Sawer' when it comes to knives.
She doesn't 'Slice' anything letting the blade do the work,
She pushes straight down and then 'Wiggles' the edge on something HARD to cut anything...

On the flip side, She makes the best sausage/milk gravy I've ever eaten, Shes not 'FAT!', doesn't smoke and lets me spend every loose penny on Jeeps, Guns, Hot Rods, Tools, and other 'Toys'...
And she's up for about anything but sky diving and scuba diving, but doesn't mind if I blow great wads of money doing that stuff...
She remembers all my families' birth days, anniversaries, keeps me informed about my schedule, works a full time job and makes sure my socks match most of the time!

Can you ask for more!?
Just gotta love those country girls!

Last edited by AR Hammer; 08-21-2008 at 05:19 AM.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:03 AM   #13

Default good job Hammer

showed a lot of patience there as well. Informs me as well (invaluable information for AK trekkers), I just came back from AK 3 weeks tent camping and familiarize myself to the State. Next summer we go for a 3 week bush trek. Great instructions for us, will certianly verify locations of drop off if we use transporters. (wow that's big stuff). I think we'll have survival essentials in a fanny pack of sone type strapped to the body at all time in case we get seperated from gear. I don't think I would go light on the air service if I were you.
m

Liberty

Old 08-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
She's a 'Sawer' when it comes to knives.
She doesn't 'Slice' anything letting the blade do the work,
She pushes straight down and then 'Wiggles' the edge on something HARD to cut anything...

!

Sounds like you need to teach her about APPLICATION, APPLICATION, APPLICATION!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #15

Default cool heads prevailed

Praise the Lord your safe!!!

Thank you for the heads up on the charter service, i would never think it possible anyone would do something like that, little tidbits like this can save alot of grief.

If i were lost like that i would be scared, i also would not want to be the man and maybe blame the woman for dropping supplies.

The pilot should lose his liscense for those types of shenannigans, and serve time for attempted manslaughter or something. He did wrong all the way!

grateful to be home after reading this thread
wrench

Striving to enter at the narrow gate.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3396 Times on 1908 Posts
Likes Given: 19143

Default She`s 0k !

That she did`nt scream and cry is good in it`self. GOOD WOMAN, can we trade ?

Old 12-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewalker View Post
showed a lot of patience there as well. Informs me as well (invaluable information for AK trekkers), I just came back from AK 3 weeks tent camping and familiarize myself to the State. Next summer we go for a 3 week bush trek. Great instructions for us, will certianly verify locations of drop off if we use transporters. (wow that's big stuff). I think we'll have survival essentials in a fanny pack of sone type strapped to the body at all time in case we get seperated from gear. I don't think I would go light on the air service if I were you.
m
Check the GPS BEFORE you wave good bye at the aircraft!

Take along two or three bright flairs that start easily,
And keep them in the outermost, easily accessible pouch on your gear!
I prefer the pull cord to start type for signaling use, they are bright enough to see for miles incase you need them for signaling a search team... and they start fires just fine!

Flairs don't weigh much, and are the ULTIMATE way to get a fire started in an emergency situation!
Especially when you are cold enough your hands don't work to dig for them in your gear or light a regular fire!

If you make reservations with a lodge, find out who they recommend for transportation to the lodge.
(It will most likely be by boat or small, private aircraft.)

If you are going to hunt, take nothing smaller than a .300 Mag. or you will get laughed out of camp.
.338 Mag. will take anything in Alaska.

Guides don't like muzzle compensators.
Compensators re-direct the muzzle blast back at them, and they just don't like having their brains rattled.
Some guides won't even take you out if you have a compensator that directs backwards and not 'Up'...

Have Iron Sights or a back up optic with your rifle!
Make up a 'Save A Hunt' kit with extra screws, firing pin & spring, extractor/ejector, things like that.
You don't want a bum scope or broken $10 spring to ruin a VERY expensive hunting trip!

Bear Spray is better than a handgun.
Wounded bears are unpredictable,
Pepper sprayed bears are going to leave, and leave you alone. Helps teach them 'Humans Hurt' so you may be helping the next guy also...

Consider an 'Emergency Locater' beacon.
They are expensive, but you can rent them in some places, and they are satellite pinpointed, so if you get lost, hurt, ect.
You just push the button and wait for the rescue crew to arrive.
--------------------

I never take enough film or tapes along, I just want to photograph everything while I'm there!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 AM   #18

If you had gotten some muck from the creek and rubbed it all over your exposed body parts, the mosquitos would leave you alone. The local "smell" confuses them.

Closed Thread