Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   72 hour bug out bag suggestions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/72-hour-bug-out-bag-suggestions-45558/)

Double_tap 07-21-2011 12:20 AM

72 hour bug out bag suggestions

Im getting "3" three bug out bags together for my family "one for each of us" and was looking to some of you senior guys and gals as to suggestions for what to pack in my bug out bags. Also is 72 hours a reasonable amount of time to plan for?

CA357 07-21-2011 01:02 AM

Take a look around this part of the forum, there's a bunch of ideas. However, someone mentioned something I had never heard of before, a Silcock Key. Google it, it's a downright handy tool to have and it's cheap, so buy a good one. (or two)

wmille01 07-21-2011 01:35 AM

if I have to bug out it will probably be for more then three days, I've planned my bag for at least 7 days. I have two bags one is a duffel bag and the other is hiking bag. Duffel bag have my climbing gear, my kevlar, a 200 foot rope rated for 6000 pounds, door breaching and other slandered tools for vehicle maintenance. Then in my hiking pack I have food, ammo, small tools, lights, batteries, a saw, a machete, fire starting stuff, medical equipment, sleeping bag small two person tent, flare gun, extra clothes... etc.

opaww 07-21-2011 01:17 PM

My 72-hour bag only has what I think I will need to make it back home, not to head to the hells with.

I have a (Space) blanket, water proof matches and 2 bic lighters, small medical kit with needed medicines I have to take in it. A 2-quart canteen filled. Water purification tabs x 1 Bottle, Knife and multi tool, Walther P22 with extra mag. and extra 50 rounds, two extra pairs of socks, ball cap (when approaching winter a coat), some hard candy and some MRE type food, rain gear or poncho.

FatPat 07-21-2011 02:59 PM

opaww has it right.

canebrake 07-21-2011 05:50 PM

Has anyone put a list of BOB items together?

Gus556 07-21-2011 07:56 PM

I wish there was a list somewhere of a bunch of stuff I could put in a bag and have it set aside somewhere in case I needed it. A list of handy itmes I would need to stay safe in the event something happened. Something lightweight I could grab and run off into the bush with and would sustain me for a period of time. Like....3 days, no wait. No, 72 hours (it sounds cooler in hours) would be AWESOME!!! :p

Dennis845 07-21-2011 08:41 PM

I had a bug out bag, but disassembled it when I moved to the country. Living in the country, short of a radioactive cloud heading my way, I can't think of any reason to bug out, can ya'll?

opaww 07-21-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis845 (Post 547286)
I had a bug out bag, but disassembled it when I moved to the country. Living in the country, short of a radioactive cloud heading my way, I can't think of any reason to bug out, can ya'll?

A 72 hour bag may be needed if you are away from home when TSHTF happens. It may make the trip home easer