2012 - Calm Before the Economic Storm - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > 2012 - Calm Before the Economic Storm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 03:04 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
'First the Department of Homeland Security ordered 450 million rounds of ammunition, then the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) submitted an order for 46,000 rounds of high powered ammo, and now Business Insider reports that the Social Security Administration is asking to purchase 174,000 rounds of .357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow point bullets...'

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ready-why-did-the-national-weather-service-request-46000-rounds-of-ammo/
I guess the Feds are prepping too......

The question is, who is better prepped..... Us or them?

Old 10-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #32
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1902 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 3897

Not related to ammo; but, another forum that I read only has an article regarding 401K account.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?t=171858

I have no idea if this is important or not, but we just rec'd a notice from our company's 401k provider, Charles Schwab.

They are discontinuing the availability of making loans against the 401k. As several of us employees have used this function to purchase houses in the past 2 years, this really is "interesting".

Are lots of people taking loans against their accounts, and there is a significant draw down on capital?

To me, this is a huge dot, but I dunno, what do you all think?

Old 10-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1218 Times on 785 Posts
Likes Given: 2455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Not related to ammo; but, another forum that I read only has an article regarding 401K account.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?t=171858

I have no idea if this is important or not, but we just rec'd a notice from our company's 401k provider, Charles Schwab.

They are discontinuing the availability of making loans against the 401k. As several of us employees have used this function to purchase houses in the past 2 years, this really is "interesting".

Are lots of people taking loans against their accounts, and there is a significant draw down on capital?

To me, this is a huge dot, but I dunno, what do you all think?
Personally I've never trusted 401k's. A lot of people have a lot of money on Wall Street. A lot of those people are going to want their money really soon (baby boomers retiring). I just can't imagine Wall Street just handing that money over? But that's just my opinion.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #34

Liked 982 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 630

Quote:
Personally I've never trusted 401k's. A lot of people have a lot of money on Wall Street. A lot of those people are going to want their money really soon (baby boomers retiring). I just can't imagine Wall Street just handing that money over? But that's just my opinion.
Me either. I once worked for a company who's 401K was related to their own stock. (I wasn't aware of this.) When the stock went from $20 to .20, we started seeing -20-30% earnings quarterly. When I got my money out, I was lucky to MAYBE break even on what I put in it. The company had added money, so that kind of saved me......never again. And I never thought of your reason Tluker. Makes sense.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #35

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

401Ks are fine as long as you get to choose which funds to invest in. I'm in the safe one now.
The higher risk ones typically earn more with a Republican in the White House. That big ammo contract is the way govts. do contract bids to lock in prices. It's really an option to buy that many at a certain price. Don't look for the black helicopters yet unless O is re-elected.
I have 401K (maxing it out) & will get a pension for life. Newer employees don't have that option.
Also, I buy Silver. And ammo (when I can).

Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #36
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I think about 1:42 into the video he shows the wood baracade over the door - do people know even 30.06 would go through the door and walls pretty easily? All the sotres in the world wont help if you cannot house it securely.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #37

I cannot seem to view the video. Is there somewhere else I should look for it?