Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > 2012 - Calm Before the Economic Storm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 04:14 AM   #21
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1714 Times on 935 Posts
Likes Given: 545

I for one do not believe that Obama will quietly relinquish the Presidency. A state of emergency could easily stop the election. We are seeing the necessary preparations being put into place. I hope I am wrong but I do not think so.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 08-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #22

Liked 846 Times on 564 Posts
Likes Given: 512

Quote:
I for one do not believe that Obama will quietly relinquish the Presidency. A state of emergency could easily stop the election. We are seeing the necessary preparations being put into place. I hope I am wrong but I do not think so.
What? For what "emergency" could he actually justify doing this? I see no real signs (as messed up as things are) that anything is seriously amiss......

Old 08-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #23
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5620 Times on 2781 Posts
Likes Given: 5981

The Economy is the problem and right now, what were seeing isnt anywhere near how the situation really is. False Interest rates have decimated and bankrupted the Baby Boomers and set our 401 Ks back a decade or more. We cant live on 1% interest on our life savings so that some young punk with a dollar and a minimum wage job can buy the house of their dreams before they even have an income to support it!

Gold is almost $1700 an Oz, Copper is worth more than silver was 20 years ago, why is that do you think? Fuel prices have crept up 20% in the last month alone and were on the verge of a major crop failure that will produce world wide famine as we continue turning 55% of our corn crop into gasoline. Trillions of dollars of new Federal and State debt match the dollars on the sideline that will not be invested in the current future as it stands today.

If Barry gets to keep his job, we are toast! Those trillions sitting idle on the sidelines will vanish like a whore with a fresh $50 in her bra! Oversees, locked into solid commodities and untouchable by Barry yet completely immobile as true stimulus on our economic dustbowl.

The causes of this soon to be Depression are not like the other best known Economic D-Day, they didnt see it coming, it was a crash, a run and things were done for a decade or more. We can see this storm coming like a slow but steady Freight Train. We hear the Whistles, see the flashing lights, feel the rumble yet were still staring at the birdies.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

So true since government has been freely hijacked by Wall Street, and Obama's administration controlled by Wall Street appointees. I can hear Bette Davis saying: "Fasten your seat belts. We're in for a very bumpy ride."

Old 08-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #25
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1714 Times on 935 Posts
Likes Given: 545

Too many people are following the Media's propaganda and not paying attention to the real financial news and happenings. As a result the country goes on about its daily business without a clue as to what is going on thanks the false information the Media is putting out. We are headed for a major crash people. Picture a bank holiday or crash and no one can get access to their money. No money for food, rent, medical, fuel etc. There will be riots and the government will have to step in to calm or contain the situation. Obviously there wont be calm enough conditions or enough rational people to hold an election.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 08-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #26

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Bernake finished his speach in Jackson Hole. QE3 is in the works. The value of your money is taking a hit.

NEVER FORGET

PanBaccha Likes This 
Old 08-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #27

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I love the pine lumber for extra reinforcement of a steel door

Old 09-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #28

Quote:
Copper is worth more than silver was 20 years ago
No, copper is priced in pounds, silver in troy ounces.....

Old 09-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #29
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5620 Times on 2781 Posts
Likes Given: 5981

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
No, copper is priced in pounds, silver in troy ounces.....
I was stretching it a bit...

Old 09-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #30

I just bothered to watch the video. Not bad, I guess. Better than I have. My only 2 things I really saw was the water. That will go bad. You have to keep replacing it. I had a few SEALED 1 gal. jugs of distilled water in my welding room a work. In about 3 years sitting undisturbed, they went nasty and started to leak. Also, what was that at the end of the video when he was driving around and riding the bike? Was that the calm part? LOL