Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > 2012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

I have become somewhat obsessed with the whole 2012 prophesy. My wife hates it of course.

The facts are:
1. There will be a galactic alignment on Dec. 21, 2012
2. The Mayan calender ends on Dec. 21, 2012
3. Nostradamus predicted major destructive events on and around 2012 and the coming of a third more powerful Antichrist. He was so accurate in predicting Napoleon and Hitler it is kinda freaky in itself.
4. Several other prophets have made similar predictions, from different parts of the world.
5. The Hopi Indians predict the "possible" end of man around 2012, but their calenders are obviously different. The picture they left us had man presented with a choice of two roads. The end of one is pretty grim looking, the other has man, crops, trees, ect.

So what does this mean? The galactic alignment will happen and the Mayan calender will end, but this could be because they decided that they had no need to go past this current cycle.

This cycle and galactic alignment actually only occurs about every 20,000 years and it is broken down into quarters.

The last time all of our planets and our sun came into alignment with the center of the milky way was around the time of the last ice age. In addition, at every past quarter cycle there has been some sort of dramatic change to our earth.

So I do believe that we are due for a change. We are a destructive species and there is no way mother earth can tolerate our overpopulation, pollution and alteration of the land.

Is it the end of the world? No. The world will be here. Is it the end of man? Probably not. Are we in for a change? Yes.

Something is bound to change soon. But Nostradamus also predicts beauty and prosperity after 2012. That date may not be exact, but I think we will see something big... and probably something we need to happen for life to continue at a healthy level on this wonderful planet.

As for the comparison to Y2K. . . not even in the same ballpark. That was just computer crap. We are talking about the future of mankind here, not a bunch of clocks not resetting.

As for preparation. I myself will have a place in the Mountains (probably an earth berm type dwelling) , with enough food to last a few months, water filtration, plenty of ammo for hunting/protection. Earth berms are cheap and easy to build. (plus I'm a carpenter)

If nothing happens then great, I'll still have my place in the mountains like I've always wanted.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
I have become somewhat obsessed with the whole 2012 prophesy. My wife hates it of course.

The facts are:
3. Nostradamus predicted major destructive events on and around 2012 and the coming of a third more powerful Antichrist. He was so accurate in predicting Napoleon and Hitler it is kinda freaky in itself.
4. Several other prophets have made similar predictions, from different parts of the world.
5. The Hopi Indians predict the "possible" end of man around 2012, but their calenders are obviously different. The picture they left us had man presented with a choice of two roads. The end of one is pretty grim looking, the other has man, crops, trees, ect.

So what does this mean? The galactic alignment will happen and the Mayan calender will end, but this could be because they decided that they had no need to go past this current cycle.

This cycle and galactic alignment actually only occurs about every 20,000 years and it is broken down into quarters.

The last time all of our planets and our sun came into alignment with the center of the milky way was around the time of the last ice age. In addition, at every past quarter cycle there has been some sort of dramatic change to our earth.

So I do believe that we are due for a change. We are a destructive species and there is no way mother earth can tolerate our overpopulation, pollution and alteration of the land.

Is it the end of the world? No. The world will be here. Is it the end of man? Probably not. Are we in for a change? Yes.

Something is bound to change soon. But Nostradamus also predicts beauty and prosperity after 2012. That date may not be exact, but I think we will see something big... and probably something we need to happen for life to continue at a healthy level on this wonderful planet.

As for the comparison to Y2K. . . not even in the same ballpark. That was just computer crap. We are talking about the future of mankind here, not a bunch of clocks not resetting.

As for preparation. I myself will have a place in the Mountains (probably an earth berm type dwelling) , with enough food to last a few months, water filtration, plenty of ammo for hunting/protection. Earth berms are cheap and easy to build. (plus I'm a carpenter)

If nothing happens then great, I'll still have my place in the mountains like I've always wanted.
Please friend, open your Bible. Send me a PM if you have questions.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #23

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype - Science- msnbc.com

And I thought it was global warming

Old 10-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
Its all a bunch of bulls--- paid for and put out there by obama so when he saves the world then he will deserve that damn nobel prize and then we will name him the dark prince of the world and then Obama will grow horns and a tail and spit fire out his butt thats whats going to happen in 2012
Um, are you implying that Obama made up the 2012 apocalypse story? He's crafty and deceiving, but he and his administration did not come up with that one.

Look people, as I've said before, the end of the world isn't on 2012.

Your personal end of the world might be tomorrow in a car wreck, a heart attack, a terrorist attack, or just in your sleep. The only thing we can do is live our lives for today, and prepare for whatever you can imagine.

So, start thinking. Earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, wild fires, tsunamis, locusts, swine flu, bird flu, bubonic plague, chemical attacks, nuclear attacks, biological attacks, civil war, zombies, gang wars, bombings, and the list goes on and on......Think about it. Write down the possibilities. Then make a plan for each one.

I've got a list that I've got running. Nothing fancy, just pen and paper. Any time I think of a situation that could happen, I write it down and plan for it. I keep track of my ammunition, weapons, food supplies, BOB supplies. Any time I think of some tool or item I would need for survival, I write it down and then make a plan to acquire it.

Someone said in another post that books (ink on a page, not your e-books) are priceless. Read, read, read. Plan, plan, plan. Practice, practice practice.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #25

I to am worried about the future.Maybe 2012,maybe sooner,maybe later. I do feel that something IS about to happen.The end of life...NO,but maybe the end of life as we know it. NOT zombies.Maybe a new system of goverment,or
too much goverment in our daily lives taking away our rights.Maybe a natural disaster or just a shift in the climate. I do believe there will be a harmonic convergance in 2012. I have no idea what hat will cause.Likely,nothing. But I do think everyone needs to learn to be self sufficiant. The goverment will not take care of everyone. So you need to do whatever you feel will keep you and your family safe in the event ANYTHING drastic happens. For me, I sold my house in the city and bought a small ranch in south Texas. I have deer,turkey,ferrel hog,dove,rabbit,and quail.I also have some cows. I have learned about solar and wind electricity and built my house to run off of it alone. I have seeds,good water,guns,ammo,and medical supplies handy.My wife is a nurse so that helped.I even am now working on a shelter built into the side of one of the limestone cliffs. I hope i never need any of it.But my youngest is 4yrs old and i would like to see him grow up,any way possible. I have learned it is better to have and not need than to need and not have. Dont go crazy trying to prepare for everything because you can never be totally prepared. But have some supplies,and a plan at the very least......

Old 10-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #26

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Remember that in most prophesies, (who knows if they are accurate) there is always a positive side. "Greener more thriving land", "Peacefulness", and "Serenity". We may also be presented with a choice of living. We are destroying our home (earth) in many ways, mother earth cleanses itself (has before and will again) and whatever may be coming (or not at all in our lifetime) could leave us better off. If not us, then the earth itself. More reason to enjoy life as it comes and live every day to its fullest and most of all enjoy family.

But always be prepared.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:01 AM   #27

Liked 204 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

I can understand planning for natural disasters, tornatos, snow storms, home or forest fires, these are things we can survive. But the great zombie attack, yellowstone going off, big rocks from space, swine flew, avian flew, terrist attacks, nucular attack or the year 2012, I not sure there will be any place to go. By the time we find out that something has happened it is already too late to try to head for the hills. Besides what hills are you going to go for?? Since you will not be the only one trying to get out, how are you going to get there, fly. I don't know about you, but I had to trade my hellicopter in on a car to get to and from work.

I think survival planning should be done, but for things we can survive from, forget the BOB the armored ATV, SUV and plan for just in case you do survive about what your family will need. Like water, food, warmth, light, shelter and things like that.

Stay safe and I hope to see you in 2013.
Jim

Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #28
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post

The facts are:

Nothing but CRAP. People extrapolate what they want from anything...

The earth is perpetually evolving. And ego-driven, self-serving humans can't do a damn thing about it. This drives some of the human species nuts...

I really do agree with you. Mother Nature can and will balance things as she has always done, and will always do. Humans like to think they can control and or alter Mother Nature's course. Sorry Charlie, it ain't gonna happen. Mother Nature wins... everytime.

Last edited by Mark F; 10-29-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #29

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
I put my money on aliens probing the president that day..
One can only dream and hope.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #30

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I believe Jesus Christ is coming back one day. The Bible clearly states that no one knows the day or the hour that He will return. I believe the big date in 2012 is 12/21/2012, please correct me if I'm wrong. Will Jesus come back in 2012? Maybe, I don't know(you want to run away from anyone who claims to know) but I'm confident that it will not be 12/21/2012. I believe Jesus is coming back soon and if you don't know Him I highly suggest you take a look at His teachings. If you want to know more, shoot me a PM.
So many things laid out in the Bible have come to pass or are in process. Just coincidence? I don't think so.