2012 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

12/21/2012 No worries. Aparently, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, planetary alignment occurs about every 4000 years. Well... were all still here as a species. Some believe this alignment will cause severe earthquakes and vulcanism due to a precieved gravational impact of such an event planet wide, but one has to realize that the gravational effects from our sun trumps any such alignment. I'd be more worried about our economy and it's recovery from this recession and the ongoing problems in the middle east that IMO have no correlation with the year 2012.

I beleive all the hype about 2012 is the same as Y2K was.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I believe Jesus Christ is coming back one day. The Bible clearly states that no one knows the day or the hour that He will return. I believe the big date in 2012 is 12/21/2012, please correct me if I'm wrong. Will Jesus come back in 2012? Maybe, I don't know(you want to run away from anyone who claims to know) but I'm confident that it will not be 12/21/2012. I believe Jesus is coming back soon and if you don't know Him I highly suggest you take a look at His teachings. If you want to know more, shoot me a PM.
Just remember, the current calendar year in AD may be off by a year or possibly 2. Everyone seems to be transfixed on that date that was created by man. The Lord has his own timetable. ..................markerdown

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

And remember "He will come like a thief in the night." I am ashamed to say that I can't remember the passage that that comes from but it always sticks out in my mind when people talk of the end times. No one will see Him coming. But perhaps because sometimes a very few people actually see the thiefs coming to rob them, maybe a few will see it coming.............................but I doubt it.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #14

I don't believe the hype about 2012 either, but as others have mentioned it seems natural disasters are more common and more severe. I have been telling my good friend who moved near Houston, Texas that he ought to be prepared for a major disaster. Look how long it took for aid to reach those in LA. And now our government is more strapped for cash. Hate to see him and his family caught up in a major disaster and helpless. I must admit that I am not fully prepared either.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey-you-guys View Post
That's what I was going to say. What gets me is no one has predicted a zombie apocalypse yet. I figured Nostradamus would have at least mentioned something about it.
The zombie apocalypse will happen one way or another. We don't need any predictions for that. It's inevitable.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trocar View Post
The zombie apocalypse will happen one way or another. We don't need any predictions for that. It's inevitable.
Maybe it is something of an instinct to know about the zombie apocalypse. Certain people like you and I, and most people on this site, are born with the basic knowledge that in this lifetime we need to stock up on ammunition and supplies to combat the unrelenting hordes of the undead that will swarm the planet in the not-so-distant future. We go through life like everything is normal, but in the back of our minds we know that their will be a war like none ever witnessed before. And that will be World War Z, the war of humans versus zombies.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:56 AM   #17

Its all a bunch of bulls--- paid for and put out there by obama so when he saves the world then he will deserve that damn nobel prize and then we will name him the dark prince of the world and then Obama will grow horns and a tail and spit fire out his butt thats whats going to happen in 2012

Old 10-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Only God knows when the end will come and to speculate on that day is like trying to read God's mind, which could never happen. So why worry about it, just believe.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #19

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

When will the world end?

Well I can honestly say that I donít know.

The Mayan calendar as I have understood it for quite some time is simply a calendar that starts over and not a production of the end of the world. So I have no worries here.

If the Bible is correct and true then why is any Christian worried about the end of time? Sense they are supposedly ready everyday. Put simply as Jesus told it, be ready, and that means all day long every day and donít sweat the small stuff. (Kind of paraphrased) but you get the idea.

Many other beliefs in the world have some form of creation and destruction of the world. Largely it is subject to what one is raised to believe. But most have a common theme and that is be ready.

If I were a betting man I would put money on us still being here after 2012. But sense many people believe this is the end of the world and mankind as we know it, I would just ask that you leave me your money, houses, cars, guns and ammo sense you will not be needing them what can it hurt.

opaww

Old 10-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Well for me, just to be on the safe side, I just need to make sure I lose my virginity before that time.