2-way communications

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > 2-way communications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default 2-way communications

My Uncle just gave me 2 Motorola 2 way radios..Supposedly 35 miles in out door conditions. Has the radio, flashlight, weather radio. You name it..
But yet pushing the "high power" transmit button at 1 mile in 7-11 and its weak. The electrical interference must play a major factor and understand..
And that the higher the frequency requires more line of sight transmission.
Dang, anybody use these in real outdoor situations ? As I am not really impressed by these.. Retail was almost 80 bucks.. Although I did get them for free.

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

35 mile outdoor radius means oline of sight, no buildings or anything to get in the way of the transmission.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....